1000 miles in 2024

6 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
9 Jul
3:33am, 9 Jul 2024
40 posts
  •  
Dubairunner
Zero parkruns anywhere but 5 countries for marathons, met a guy in Nepal who’d run marathons in over 100 countries.
9 Jul
4:40am, 9 Jul 2024
41 posts
  •  
Dubairunner
Another just over 3 miler in the heat, 682 miles YTD
9 Jul
10:49am, 9 Jul 2024
4,236 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
MrM2 we have Sicily on our list of ones we’d like to do. What marathons have you done Dubairunner?
9 Jul
10:50am, 9 Jul 2024
15,424 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Dubairunner, very impressive running marathons in 5 different countries, and well done for todays 3 miles.

MrM2, very impressive, marathons in 12 different countries.

The usual Tuesday Farmers Walk this morning, before the rain.
9 Jul
10:56am, 9 Jul 2024
23,106 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I've managed a race/event in Oman and Jordan, I'd love to do Grand to Grand in Grand Canyon but that is a retirement plan.... and will very much be determined by cut offs. A friend is trying hard to get me to do Everest with her next year but I just cannot afford the time off and the cost would impact our plans as a couple too which isnt really fair. Now if I won the lottery of course...
9 Jul
11:10am, 9 Jul 2024
7,013 posts
  •  
steve45
That's a super achievement doing park runs in a dozen countries LL, and well done on your 7 miler.

Of course I agree with you on age categories hs. Why on earth can't they be agreed upon more logically?

Your so called slow times are not that slow gg and what the heck if some are. However trying ( as you do) knocking a few seconds or even more off distances you do is competitive and you should be pleased with your running (as you are!).
I note that you're still quite a young un Jack! Your comments on times are spot on. Hmm , I recall (just) as hs will do, busting a gut in races! And I and my running club mates took running very seriously back in the day. Actually I almost bust a gut at my humble and very lowly pace on occasion even now 😂.

What an achievement To do 12 marathons in 12 countries MrM2.

I thought 17c this morning was warm when I did 5k on part trails and can't imagine how it must be doing it like you DubaiR!
As for slowing down I put a copy of an article by George Sheehan ( young folks won't be aware of him) on my blog about three years ago. It's about running into old age! Might be if interest to some.
9 Jul
11:55am, 9 Jul 2024
15 posts
  •  
MrHSc
12 marathons in 12 countries very impressive MrM2, personally I have never even run a park run 😂.

A bit of a shock to the system back to 14C yesterday and pouring rain this morning.

6 steady miles yesterday and another 6 today inc 4 x 1 mile at threshold pace off a 90s float.

YTD 743 miles.
9 Jul
1:48pm, 9 Jul 2024
15,428 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I think Steve, that the main argument for limiting age categories is cost, but I don't go along with that. We are not asking for "rewards" like Cups, sports vouchers etc. but just to be "recognised"

Definitely busting a gut in races Steve, and our PB's were gun and not chip times.

Well done for this mornings 5k, partly on trails.

Well done MrHsc for yesterday's 6 steady miles, and today's 6 including 4 x 1 at threshold pace.
9 Jul
2:39pm, 9 Jul 2024
3,933 posts
  •  
Lesley C
There's some impressive running here, it's just amazing guys. Lot's of countries and lots of marathons. I am boring never done a race or parkrun outside of Scotland, I don't travel much.

Hello Peter.

Well done folks, lots of running in here this week so far.

I was out this morning for some intervals before the rain arrives tonight. It was quite chilly, especially with short sleeves but I got it done.
9 Jul
3:39pm, 9 Jul 2024
4,237 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Well done Lesley the week after next we’ll be doing our first Scottish one 😃

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000