1000 miles in 2024

59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
12 Jun
9:24am, 12 Jun 2024
6,944 posts
  •  
steve45
Further to my error re that race pace, it's a nine mile race with each of three runners in a team needing to complete the nine miles in 1hour 45 minutes. That works out at about a pace of 11.15. ( I'd been given incorrect info!) so not as discriminatory as implied. Sorry.
12 Jun
11:52am, 12 Jun 2024
15,240 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks for the clarification Steve and well done for this mornings run/walk. I'm hoping that as time goes by, your medication 💊 will "kick in!"

This morning was 4 miles with the Wednesday Group, including five 0.37 mile hilly loops on grass. I'm quite pleased that my 5th loop was the quickest, average 9.27 min/miling.
12 Jun
3:27pm, 12 Jun 2024
22,621 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I'd still struggle to do 11.15 esp if I was under pressure.

run rest day, but done my upper body workout boy it was a killer I expect I wont be able to raise my arms tomorrow. So far only clocked up 865 steps!!

You are amazing hs!! but all those intervals and hills are what really makes a difference, maybe I'll come to enjoy hills as much as I am enjoying intervals and strength now... but baby steps haha
12 Jun
6:03pm, 12 Jun 2024
15,244 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done for your upper body workout today GG. That sounds really tough.

Thanks, you flatter me. I do hope that you will begin to enjoy hill work, but as you said "baby steps." Hill reps are quite enjoyable, in a strange way, if they are done competitively with others.
12 Jun
6:43pm, 12 Jun 2024
4,195 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
In 2010 I did the Essex Champs 20 miler in prep for the london marathon and it had a strict 3:30 cut off.
I had never ran 20 and wasn’t sure if I could or if my time.

It was a 2 lapper and myself and two club mates were completely last from the off. We got half way in 1:45 so just in schedule and a lady with a clip board ticked us through.
Last couple of miles I pulled ahead of my two friends finishing in 3:32 and I was asked “are you one of the 3 ladies “ nicely.
They were happy to wait a few minutes for my two friends. I believe the time limit is now 4 hours.
13 Jun
8:28am, 13 Jun 2024
6,945 posts
  •  
steve45
Good session again hs, the varying terrain, intervals and hills all add up to that good pace you still have .
If we're talking about pace and getting faster I recall reading about fell and mountain runners who were top notch on that terrain but wouldn't match it on roads or track. Of course the same must be inversely true. That refers to racers really; the periodic change of terrain and inclines is what gives us an overall fitness by utilising more muscle groups .ok .. you all know that!
Back to that race/ pace requirement I rabbited on about, it is a 7.30 pm start in a country park and it wouldn't be good for it continuing beyond 9 15pm.
Nice ending to that 20 miler with its cut off LL.
3.2 miles this morning part road and trail. Still plodding!!
13 Jun
11:31am, 13 Jun 2024
15,247 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done LL for that 20 miler in 2010, a fraction over the cut off time.

Thanks Steve, I've always advocated the virtues of off road running and training. It strengthens the muscles, joints, balance etc. Every step is different, whereas road running is repetitive. Having said that, I also train on the roads, in theory getting the best of both worlds.

That race requirement you mentioned makes sense now, with the necessity for it to finish before it got too dark.

Well done for this mornings 3.2 miles part road and trails.

This morning was a solo 4.14 miles on a hilly road circuit. It was a recovery run, but a bit quicker than intended.
13 Jun
11:41am, 13 Jun 2024
11,987 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Morning all, another 12 for me this morning, the majority on the road with just a short grass path that ended with a nettle wall to negotiate.
13 Jun
3:26pm, 13 Jun 2024
First-time poster!!
  •  
TanTan
Hello, a newbie here, rejected from RW!

So far running well this year, but a little behind because of walking challenges.

YTDR: 329.89
13 Jun
3:38pm, 13 Jun 2024
22,642 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Hi TanTan here is much better than RW!

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000