1000 miles in 2024

5 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
8 Jun
9:40am, 8 Jun 2024
11,964 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
You may feel your times are terrible Steve but you have achieved something so many other people haven't even considered attempting.
8 Jun
12:14pm, 8 Jun 2024
15,221 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done Steve for actually doing 5k! Times are irrelevant when one isn't fully fit; doing it, is what's more important.

There were actually 3 of us for this mornings virtual parkrun in the forest on grass and gravel trails. The first 4k was at a fairly leisurely pace, with an increase for the final k. Total mileage including run out and back was 5.6.
8 Jun
2:56pm, 8 Jun 2024
4,190 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
steve45you’re best 5k since 22 that’s a great achievement.
I was a bit disappointed with my time as felt I was running well and doing sub 30 pace but my distance was way off so 31:13 exact same time as last week.
9 Jun
7:22am, 9 Jun 2024
6,935 posts
  •  
steve45
Thanks everyone for your positive words as always.
Sounds like a pleasant 5.6 miles hs, great to have that varying terrain.
Can't complain at that exact same time as last week LL, quite amazing too, it would've been hard to deliberately do that!
No run today even though I'd like to but after yesterday thought it best!
9 Jun
10:59am, 9 Jun 2024
15,226 posts
  •  
hillstrider
LL, it's odd isn't it that sometimes when we think that we have run really strongly, the end time is lower than expected. As Steve said, it must be difficult to deliberately run an identical time.

Thanks Steve, yes we did enjoy yesterday's run.

I think that you made the correct decision, taking a running rest day today.

This morning was a solo 4.13 miles hilly road recovery run.
9 Jun
12:30pm, 9 Jun 2024
4,191 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Last week I ran 10:04 pace this week 9:33 so definitely quicker it’s just the variance on the distance. Well done on your solo hilly run HS.
Well done Steve I too should have rested as my run wasn’t too good 🤣
9 Jun
1:27pm, 9 Jun 2024
22,575 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Sorry I’m a mile behind all your updates and dashing from one thing to another but I will read back properly later.

From a swift read lots of good stuff going on well done guys.

I have been to Scotland for a run with my coach and other like minded people it was brilliant (brutal as well) but worth the 370m round trip shame it’s so far as I would love to spend more time in the Scottish hills it was stunning. It’s shown me I need to do more hill work as the uphill from the off was a killer, my friend had a bit of an anxiety attack as the majority was super strong Scottish ultra runners so the 9m loop group went off like rockets so we stayed with Kazy on the shorter loop and got almost 6m in. Kaz was great on encouraging and giving confidence and I worried it would have knocked her confidence but she said it’s spurred her on to get stronger too.
9 Jun
1:55pm, 9 Jun 2024
10 posts
  •  
EdGreig
Sounds tough but amazing geordiegirl!

Been reading a lot about the importance of really going easy on the easy runs (Not letting the ego get involved!) so tried to take my long run today very slowly and breath through my nose.

Picked up all 10 Rundle digits with 16k which was good!
9 Jun
1:58pm, 9 Jun 2024
22,576 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Great rundling. The various people I listen too on podcasts say that and to have proper workout sessions too. I enjoy Young Hearts Run Free and Tea & Trails podcasts
10 Jun
10:34am, 10 Jun 2024
6,936 posts
  •  
steve45
All this hill stuff slays me!! Good session though on hilly road hs and not too far.
Your world is pretty hectic gg I'm sure you often don't have time to catch your breath. Glad the coaching was enjoyable even though it seems there was a mix of abilities which is hard to adjust to sometimes. Scottish hills ...what a lovely environment.
After my weights and stretches day yesterday it was a flat 5 .1 along trails this morning; it's a great year for oxeye daisies which are spread in big swathes all along the verges.

A nice outing in glorious sunshine even if a bit windy .

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000