•  
Fenland Flier
Thanks hillstrider.
6 Jun
12:00pm, 6 Jun 2024
3,862 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Looks like everyone is getting in the miles. Glad you had a better run yesterday Steve.

I was out with the club on Tuesday, cooler day and the session was a fartlek session. In a small group decide when to speed up and when to stop. I prefer a proper structured session. At least the chat was fine with the others in the group.

This morning I was up the local hill with the early gang. We set off earlier than usual but the 4.45 alarm was worth it it was a cold but gorgeous morning. It was 2 degrees when I set off so winter kit it was and there was a little frost on the cars.

6 Jun
1:52pm, 6 Jun 2024
11,957 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
That's a beautiful photo Lesley C, I can't believe you have frosts in June but well done for your early rise and run.
6 Jun
7:24pm, 6 Jun 2024
4,184 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Too early for me Lesley but that looks worth it 😃
7 Jun
9:15am, 7 Jun 2024
6,931 posts
  •  
steve45
I like the hour of the rising Lesley but to heck with 2c! Good determination to get out when it's that cold in summer. Well done on the fartlek session too. Your overall training is going well.
You interval lovers continue to do well, 7.8 miles doing that is excellent FF. Wise taking an easy 5k after yours hs. Park run tomorrow?
Another great morning here, 8c when I set out and did 3.4 miles. Felt reasonably ok but no indication yet of any impact from the meds. I guess a month might give some indication.
7 Jun
10:47am, 7 Jun 2024
15,217 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done for your fartlek session Lesley. I actually prefer random efforts and recoveries, rather than a structured session.

I think that I did benefit from the rest day Steve. I'm not sure about tomorrow's parkrun, or which one it will be. It's also uncertain who is running, as some regulars are away this weekend.

Well done for this mornings 3.4 miles. I suppose it will take a while for your meds. to take effect.

The usual Friday Farmers Walk this morning.

I've just heard that there is only one of the usual parkrunners running and she doesn't want to parkrun tomorrow. Looking like we'll be doing a virtual parkrun in the forest instead.
7 Jun
10:57am, 7 Jun 2024
4,185 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
I’m back in Ireland with my Dad so a Dublin parkrun tomorrow for me.
It will be my 8th of 24 Dublin runs and my 13th Irish one.
Garmin Coach of 4.7 today including 2 at Tempo pace.
7 Jun
10:59am, 7 Jun 2024
4,186 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Meant to say well done Steve and hope the meds kick in soon. Hope you enjoyed your rest day HS and enjoy your virtual parkrun.
7 Jun
3:43pm, 7 Jun 2024
15,220 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Good luck with the Dublin parkrun tomorrow LL, and well done for this mornings 4.7 with 2 at tempo pace.

Thanks, I did enjoy the rest day, and hope to enjoy tomorrows virtual parkrun. It won't be quick, probably just a chatty run.
8 Jun
9:32am, 8 Jun 2024
6,933 posts
  •  
steve45
A virtual 5k forest run sounds very nice hs.
Well done LL on that tempo run, you're doing well following the Garmin plan.

No change in how I run yet! I have a face to face with the consultant at the end of July, plenty of time yet for something to happen!
Tried a bit harder today and did my best 5k since November 2022 ( note how I don't display my terrible times☹️)! What an effort which still shows how much I've lost since COVID. I need a week off now!!!

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000