1000 miles in 2024

2 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
2 Jun
2:28pm, 2 Jun 2024
22,503 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
We’ve been battling the nettles along the river too they’re HUGE! Well done on your 13.5 FF
2 Jun
3:30pm, 2 Jun 2024
11,929 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Thanks GG.
2 Jun
4:22pm, 2 Jun 2024
4,174 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Well done everyone out today I managed 7.3 although it felt awful. Never mind it happens.

A rest day for me tomorrow too.

Hope the meds start working Steve.
2 Jun
4:29pm, 2 Jun 2024
22,504 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Those crap run days are awful but hopefully that’s it out of the way for a while.
2 Jun
4:59pm, 2 Jun 2024
3,856 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Glad you are ok after your tumble Steve and hope the meds help you.

We all have rubbish runs LL.

I hate nettles, the wee man keeps getting stung, maybe one day he will learn.

Some good miles being done by you guys, some big ones too.

I'm not good at pacing intervals either, I try and not look at my pace these days and look at the splits later. Never consistent but never mind I try.

Been feeling much better, easy run on Thursday morning, 10 miles yesterday (includes Parkrun) and a recovery 2 today. Quite a few walks also in there and too much time outside so I'm shattered. Weather has been lovely though. Work tomorrow 😞.
2 Jun
6:22pm, 2 Jun 2024
4,175 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Nice you’re feeling better Lesley.

Thanks both I know you’re both right and not too worried I’m a bit of a snowflake so as soon as it warms up I die a little.
2 Jun
10:16pm, 2 Jun 2024
3,547 posts
  •  
Evangel
Steve, I do hope the new meds work for you. You have had problems for so long now. I hope you feel able to try some Intervals. I used to do them, and I think they benefited me. I would do something like 6x400m with 200 m. slow recoveries. I know that consistency is important, but I often used to run the last one with greater effort, to see if I still had energy le

Well done all those who manage to do 10+ miles in an outing. Since my knee injury 2 years ago, I have had to limit my runs to about 4 miles max.; also my historic back problems seem to increase after a few miles. I'm not moaning, for I used to enjoy longer runs, but I'm thankful for being able to run at all, as most people my age can't, but there are 3 of us 70+ here on this thread!!
2 Jun
10:45pm, 2 Jun 2024
22,510 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I never look at my watch during the session I look back after it’s downloaded but with the ear worm about trying to make the intervals consistent I did try this week.

That outlook is spot on Ev, appreciating what you can do is so much more positive than wishing you could do what you used to… I say that as someone who with illness had to accept the downs more than ups and now just grateful that I can do what I can now

Nettles are awful I’ve still got a ‘pain’ where it brushed my hand today, glad you’re feeling better Lesley and yes work days come round too quickly.
3 Jun
9:51am, 3 Jun 2024
22,516 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
little pootle before work, coach gave me an affirmation run today - time to reflect why training is important to me which will keep me focused and motivated to train... I love these sessions, easy running with effect.
3 Jun
10:30am, 3 Jun 2024
15,196 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Lots of posts since my last one, so can't comment individually. Everyone seems to be running well, with a recognition that rest, or easy days are essential.

My first rest day today was a mile walk to the supermarket and back, including walking around the store for odds and ends. It felt strange walking back with just the one shopping bag. It was fortunate that I had notified the Monday Group that I wouldn't be running, as my alarm clock failed to bleep, so I overslept. I've fitted a new battery, so should be ok now.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000