Who Squares Wins!

1 lurker | 174 watchers
Jun 2020
6:27pm, 12 Jun 2020
9,508 posts
  •  
ITG 🇮🇸
Not me, tiamo. Coldest water I've been in was the Pentland Firth. Never again.

Georthermal or bust.
Jun 2020
8:01pm, 12 Jun 2020
3,737 posts
  •  
StuH
Sorry for the lack of competition Pothunter, I should have taken a break this week. After gaining the Gridmaster badge last week I have a massive feeling of CBA with regards to WSW this week.
Jun 2020
10:59pm, 12 Jun 2020
2,582 posts
  •  
Pothunter
No worries Stu. I’m after the gridmaster (all run) this week and really feeling it! 9 squares to go. Just need to move my grid to a sensible place to get them...

Going to need some rest days next week. Streak is on borrowed time...
Jun 2020
11:40pm, 12 Jun 2020
1,489 posts
  •  
Isabel
Hi all, I've been lurking on here for a while and not posted much. Partly I was thinking I hadn't seen any of my opponents posting in here, but then I thought maybe they thought the same about me so hadn't posted either! Hehe.

Had a lovely run today, probably the first time I've really gone out on a deliberate WSW mission, tried to fill one of the quarters, and was fairly successful other than a few squares I couldn't access. It was really nice to forget anything about pace etc as I was making sure to do all the right navigation, along with looking for things for the 'something beginning with' thread, was a very chilled run.

Was hoping to gain a lot of squares, but got back to find that SooWoo had logged a run in the same corner earlier in the morning, so ended up mostly making loads of cake! Now I want cake... cake
JCB
Jun 2020
3:33am, 13 Jun 2020
1,272 posts
  •  
JCB
Nice one Isabel! And welcome to posting on the thread! Go get some cake!

Taimo, I didn’t check the water temperature yesterday but for today seatemperature.org says 13.6 C. Air temperature was similar yesterday. Sunny but cool temperature, just before dusk. When I got out of the water I saw people with thick coats on the pier as I was taking off my rashie (rash vest) to dry off. 🤣

(I have lived where it got down to teens Fahrenheit in the winter... not that I did any athletic things back then.)
JCB
Jun 2020
3:34am, 13 Jun 2020
1,273 posts
  •  
JCB
Tiamo, sorry for the typo in name.
Jun 2020
9:32am, 13 Jun 2020
9,513 posts
  •  
ITG 🇮🇸
Hello, Isabel! As you make your way up the rankings, you'll come across more opponents you recognise. The obsessives (not I, you understand) are always discussing finer points of square optimisation geometry and so on.
Jun 2020
11:23am, 13 Jun 2020
758 posts
  •  
TheBeardRunner (aka Abul Choudhury
'not l'. 😂😂😂
Jun 2020
12:15pm, 13 Jun 2020
69 posts
  •  
Snail
Having a badge collection day today. Obtained the 150 earlier in the week and the 200 and the 4 corners this morning - now I need to study the map and see if Gridmaster is possible before I go back to my normal running next week! 😂
Jun 2020
12:25pm, 13 Jun 2020
1,930 posts
  •  
mole-thing
Well done Snail!

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
fetcheveryone.com/wsw.php

Game guide here:
fetcheveryone.com/wsw-guide.php