Who Squares Wins!

6 lurkers | 174 watchers
Jun 2020
10:28am, 12 Jun 2020
10,370 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Glad your mum is ok 57.5.

I have been laid low with a ridiculous pain in my ankle / fibula. I literally couldn’t move my foot more than a millimetre in any direction. Thankfully today it’s pretty much pain free. Odd.

But I’ll rest for a couple of days and see how it is Sunday. Annoyingly the non runners are having opinions that running is to blame, I do on line strength workouts and the trainer was doing a live session today I said I wasn’t joining due to said foot pain and apparently I’m over training & need to cut the running down erm actually the running is the consistent in my training your workouts are new! 😡 so maybe they are what I’ll cut out.
Jun 2020
2:06pm, 12 Jun 2020
454 posts
  •  
Daddy Shark
Best wishes to you and your mum 57.5DoP.
Jun 2020
2:13pm, 12 Jun 2020
23 posts
  •  
ftrobbie
"I’m over training & need to cut the running down erm actually the running is the consistent in my training your workouts are new! 😡 so maybe they are what I’ll cut out."

Love the fact that people want to diagnose other people's issues. Do what you need to do and let's hope it's a minor injury that repairs quickly
Jun 2020
3:28pm, 12 Jun 2020
35,178 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Very common in Fetch that people try and help each other with advice on injury issues and training recommendations ftrobbie. Usually well intentioned!

DocM and I are having a ding dong. Each morning she does a run and pulls ahead. Lunch or evening I get a bit back usually about even. Now I'm 78-70 up. *smugface* Won't last. *worriedface* ! :-) G
Jun 2020
3:31pm, 12 Jun 2020
10,374 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
It wasn’t a fetchie who suggested I was over training it’s the trainer I follow she did a live session today I explained why I wasn’t joining in. She is anti running focused exercising.
Jun 2020
3:33pm, 12 Jun 2020
35,179 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Oh, sorry gg (and ftrobbie), totally didn't read the context and the above post. Hope you get injury sorted gg.
JCB
Jun 2020
3:50pm, 12 Jun 2020
1,270 posts
  •  
JCB
Moved my grid in preparation for a gridmaster attempt next week after planning a route to use for two halves (with grid change to get second half). It’s more in line with where it used to be when I started WSW and lived in a difference house.

While waiting for next week, I wondered about the ocho badge. It’s winter here. Strangely I haven’t gone swimming in warm weather; it always seems to be when it’s cold! With the new placement of my grid I found a good spot to cycle to, swim, run and walk. Then cycle back. Unfortunately didn’t get any fetchpoint bugs accidentally despite there bring seven of them! 🤣

Bit cold. But got the ocho badge!
DTs
Jun 2020
5:07pm, 12 Jun 2020
213 posts
  •  
DTs
Boom! Consecutive rest days.

When was the last time you saw one of those around these parts, eh?

Stupid groin.

*continues sulking*
Jun 2020
5:33pm, 12 Jun 2020
24 posts
  •  
ftrobbie
HappyG no worries, have fun.

Didnt feel the love today but felt compelled to squish that bug. My oppo doesnt seem to be training so it was a free plant some flowers day
Jun 2020
5:53pm, 12 Jun 2020
774 posts
  •  
tiamo69
@JCB: well done on your Ocho badge & good luck with Gridmaster; that Top 30 is getting filled up...

Had to smile when you mentioned ‘swimming in cold weather’...
Have fond memories of my 1st trip to Oz in July 1992: walking around in Shorts & T Shirt for 6 weeks & my Cousins (mainly the Ladies) all getting goose bumps, from just looking at me & literally running to grab their warm clothes...

When you’ve been skinny dipping in Scottish Lochs & Welsh Lakes, in the Spring (bad enough in the height of summer), you get a good appreciation of ‘cold water shock!’ #ArmyMadeMeDoIt

Although, I’ll wager ITG has possibly swum in colder waters...🤔🤔🤔

(volcanic heated lakes don’t count, ITG!)

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
fetcheveryone.com/wsw.php

Game guide here:
fetcheveryone.com/wsw-guide.php