What really grinds your gears?

179 watchers
um
29 Jul
4:14pm, 29 Jul 2024
8,720 posts
  •  
um
Dio - I've found BA very helpful when I've had issues with hire cars through them - like extra charges at collection. I also keep petrol receipts of the fill up.

(but from my times of almost weekly Avis car hire, their std process was to refuel all cars until the autostop on the pump. If it was more than a litre (possibly 1/4 gal in US?), then they applied a charge.)

But now I see they have new technology. At least in US ... washingtonpost.com
1 Aug
9:48am, 1 Aug 2024
10,521 posts
  •  
GordonG
Online "help" bots that keep flashing up messages asking if I'm still there, when it's the agent who's delaying things.
1 Aug
9:50am, 1 Aug 2024
10,522 posts
  •  
GordonG
The local council suddenly deciding it's really important to put up cameras at every single yellow box in the borough, despite it apparently being not necessarily in any of the previous 25 years I've lived in the area.
1 Aug
10:50am, 1 Aug 2024
3,291 posts
  •  
Mushroom
Tea bags that rip when you open the little 'envelopes' that they come in. (Hotels, cafes etc)
1 Aug
3:16pm, 1 Aug 2024
10,527 posts
  •  
GordonG
People in online meeting who, when told they only have 3 minutes to do their presentation, start with "3 minutes? OK well I'll try to be quick. Hopefully I should have summarised this OK to make this a three minute presentation but i didn't have a chance to practice so I'm not really sure. Oh dear! that's taken up 30 seconds already, I guess I better get on with it because I know time is short and...." JUST GET ON WITH IT
1 Aug
3:17pm, 1 Aug 2024
39,395 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
Golf in the Olympics ;-)
2 Aug
11:05am, 2 Aug 2024
23,176 posts
  •  
Carpathius
The Olympics gymnastics coverage that spent several minutes showing two gymnasts sitting waiting to vault instead of any of the actual gymnastics happening in the arena.
2 Aug
11:15am, 2 Aug 2024
42,834 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
Interviewing athletes when they are obviously distressed.
2 Aug
11:19am, 2 Aug 2024
69,106 posts
  •  
LindsD
I totally agree MrsJigs. Seems really inhumane and lacking in compassion. And who wants to see that, anyway?
2 Aug
5:25pm, 2 Aug 2024
37,242 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
Mrs Jigs especially when they say how do you feel ? How the f£&@ do you think I feel

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
A forum to sound off about what really grinds your gears.