Shades Marathon Training

30 watchers
22 Jul
2:50pm, 22 Jul 2024
35 posts
  •  
Rob OHara
One leg slightly bigger than the other!

Shades yes Stevenage is the next one for me. Just the two for me this year, first time since 2014
22 Jul
2:51pm, 22 Jul 2024
36 posts
  •  
Rob OHara
22 Jul
3:01pm, 22 Jul 2024
4,228 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Nice tub of Dreamies........
22 Jul
3:10pm, 22 Jul 2024
210 posts
  •  
Ian5
Shades-Great news on Dublin, how many times will that be?
22 Jul
3:26pm, 22 Jul 2024
3,239 posts
  •  
Shades
Rob - blimey, just two in one year! You turning into an elite athlete or what 🤣

Ian - I don't know, I'll have to check my list, about 15th I think.

WP - I'm delighted to have bagged a place as it's a running friend's 1,000th marathon. First woman in UK and Ireland to reach 1000 so a memorable occasion.
22 Jul
3:54pm, 22 Jul 2024
37 posts
  •  
Rob OHara
WP the dreamies are full of nutrients, if you can’t stomach food on a long run great way to fuel, think those ones are chicken and veg.

Shades great you can see your friend do her 1000th that’s an amazing achievment!
22 Jul
4:07pm, 22 Jul 2024
4,229 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
My Cat loves them in every flavour.

That will be fab to see your friend achieve her 1000th marathon!
22 Jul
6:55pm, 22 Jul 2024
38 posts
  •  
Rob OHara
The cats favourite is chicken, failing that webbox, but we are inundated with dreamies as they get loads at Xmas.

Legs aren’t too trashed but blpribaboy masked by the bruising on my shin after my fall. Hopefully can get a proper night sleep tonight.
22 Jul
9:18pm, 22 Jul 2024
10 posts
  •  
Rcouture
Rob - That pic suggests you should have a massive strut

Shades - Great News on Dublin. 1000 marathons is wild, how many are you on total again?

Berlin flights and hotel booked. Decent deals on both especially the hotel as it’s a new one and fully refundable.

6 miles round the common for me. Heel pain on the right foot still needs a bit of minding but had nice slow recovery run in the sun.
23 Jul
7:49am, 23 Jul 2024
3,773 posts
  •  
Big_G
Good news that’s all sorted, Rcouture.

Excellent about Dublin, Shades. Another one to look ahead to.

7 miles this morning and it felt a fair bit fresher today compared to recent days, so I had a reasonable run.

About This Thread

Maintained by Shades
Back in December 2005 I started a thread on Runner's World offering a marathon training plan on 3 runs a week. I had my own running club at the time (Womens Running Network) and I had successfully trialled the training plan when I took a group of girls to Dublin to run their first marathon.

Over the years the thread has evolved into a chat thread, with a bit of training advice, race reports, for predominantly marathon runners.