parkrun Café

9 lurkers | 125 watchers
5 Oct
2:57pm, 5 Oct 2024
6,483 posts
  •  
Groundhog
I went to Morden parkrun today. First time and a relatively recent NENDY at event #14. We sang Happy Birthday to parkrun before the start. 3 laps undulating mostly grass but tarmac on the main uphill.

Sadly my calf was no better even after a decent warm up and I felt a disconcerting crunch in the muscle and the onset of pain so walked the rest. Lovely park with nice easy wide paths so the 3 laps is not at all congested.
5 Oct
3:31pm, 5 Oct 2024
4,076 posts
  •  
Big_G
I really enjoyed Holyrood today; it’s now up there as one of my favourites. It’s uphill in the first mile but 2nd and 3rd miles are fast, with really nice views if you’re able to take them in!
5 Oct
3:53pm, 5 Oct 2024
70,160 posts
  •  
LindsD
Sorry about the calf GH

I'm looking forward to my next trip.tp Holyrood in Jan Big_G
5 Oct
3:59pm, 5 Oct 2024
27,475 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
I need to go back to Holyrood but last time the downhill mashed my quads for about a week.
5 Oct
4:02pm, 5 Oct 2024
1,804 posts
  •  
AndyJ57
I went to my "home" at Bedfont Lakes today, surprisingly not too many puddles. Quiet a good crowd and a there was a big cheer for the 20th birthday and a 500th parkrun announcements.
Cake afterwards for to celebrate both too 🍰
5 Oct
4:49pm, 5 Oct 2024
7,680 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
I was at my home Hazlehead today for parkrun 499. Looking forward to cake at number 500 next week!
5 Oct
6:30pm, 5 Oct 2024
122 posts
  •  
Slowboy
Timekeeping today for my 50th volunteer.

Think I'll buy a T Shirt :)

(we didn't sing happy birthday. Caithness folk are rather too reserved for such public displays. There was home-made fudge afterwards, in lieu of actual birthday cake)
5 Oct
6:31pm, 5 Oct 2024
7,681 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
I love my V50 t-shirt :) well done!
5 Oct
6:33pm, 5 Oct 2024
123 posts
  •  
Slowboy
Also - 88 Parkrunners today, which is a good turnout for us at this time of year. Still a surprising number of tourists.
5 Oct
6:42pm, 5 Oct 2024
77,904 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Congratulations M_N. Sorry I won't be there 🤦‍♀️😥

About This Thread

Maintained by Groundhog
Fancy a light-hearted chat about your parkrun stories? First run, favourite parkrun, most beautiful parkrun, hardest course, craziest marshal, parkrun tourist on tour (i.e. how to get to Poland), parkrun family photos? Post them here.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.