Dave A
3. Agree that Vaughn is a prick.
19 Aug
1:31pm, 19 Aug 2024
4,912 posts
  •  
phal
3. Tuffers is a prick too.

Again, it’s not aimed at men who already watch cricket. It’s aimed at getting younger folk into cricket - I tend to avoid the BBC coverage as it irritates me too.

The format was meant to be, and the graphics too, a way of getting people who didn’t understand cricket and easier way of knowing what was going on. It’s different, but there you go.

The arguements/criticism of the format haven’t changed on this thread in four years. They’re not going to either, so might as well just focus on the fact there’s been some good cricket to watch 😀 And it’s got new folks into the sport.

Now we wait and see how it moves forward and if it helps the funding for county cricket.

Test starts on Wednesday so back to the traditional and everyone can breathe a sigh of relief 😉 Womens’ Heyho Flint starts up again soon too.

Few numbers from the Hundred impact.
19 Aug
1:41pm, 19 Aug 2024
39,499 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
I'm 60 :-) .
19 Aug
1:42pm, 19 Aug 2024
20,367 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
Excellent numbers for the women's game.

Now they just need Fetch to do the infographic.
19 Aug
2:13pm, 19 Aug 2024
7,630 posts
  •  
ThorntonRunner
I (MV60, followed cricket since my teens) was initially taken aback by the graphics, but actually I've come to quite like them. They present the basic information clearly and it is a very clear brand image: if you see some hundred branding somewhere you immediately know that it is hundred branding.
I have a Now subscription so had decent commentary! I get the impression that the Now/Sky presentation is aimed at longstanding cricket watcher whilst the BBC 's coverage is aimed at the new audience.
19 Aug
2:23pm, 19 Aug 2024
6,238 posts
  •  
paulcook
What happens to all that branding when the IPL start bidding next year?!

I'm less of a fan of the short game anyway so I'm far from the target audience, but I've only listened on the radio. I see (hear!) very little different in terms of presentation, etc, from the radio. The main thing being when an over isn't an over and the same bowler continues.
19 Aug
2:33pm, 19 Aug 2024
39,500 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
Apparently the ECB says it's going to keep a majority ownership....
19 Aug
2:34pm, 19 Aug 2024
30,990 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I quite like Tuffers actually :-)

Exciting news here. Now that the boy is off to university, and I'll no longer be spending every other week 90 miles from home, I'm planning on joining a cricket club for the 2025 season :-)

I've been looking at Olney Town CC: olneytown.play-cricket.com

They have 1st and 2nd XI's that play on Saturdays and Sundays, plus a women's team, and a youth section. And they livestream their home games!

One of the attractions for me is that their 2nd XI's are reasonably far down the league pyramid structure - so I am hopeful that the standard will be such that I stand a chance of getting a game or two here and there.
19 Aug
2:35pm, 19 Aug 2024
6,239 posts
  •  
paulcook
I love Tuffers.

Though agree with above comment re Vaughan.
19 Aug
2:37pm, 19 Aug 2024
30,991 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Also not a fan of MPV as a pundit. Great at batting, but let's leave it at that.

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP