Nicholls595

Hooked off her nose
um
19 Aug
3:19pm, 19 Aug 2024
8,794 posts
  •  
um
Nope, clicking that white arrow doesn't make it play!
;-)
19 Aug
3:19pm, 19 Aug 2024
32,066 posts
  •  
Nicholls595

Mini Nico gets it down quite quickly
um
19 Aug
3:20pm, 19 Aug 2024
8,795 posts
  •  
um
(the picture before that!)
19 Aug
3:22pm, 19 Aug 2024
32,067 posts
  •  
Nicholls595

Mrs Nico less so. She identifies as an aggressive opening batter.
19 Aug
3:27pm, 19 Aug 2024
32,068 posts
  •  
Nicholls595
@phal where are you based? Mini Nico emailed about 5 local clubs when she wanted to play, using the contact details on their websites. Luckily, our nearest club had a women's cricket Facebook page, so she made contact through that. We've found out by meeting all the local clubs that never responded at festivals, that their websites aren't updated. The scene locally (Notts/Derby) is booming. Softball, hardball, indoor leagues. Can't just be local to us???
19 Aug
4:53pm, 19 Aug 2024
20,371 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
When I played in the US the local guys struggled with the bowling action and playing with a straight bat, but were very good at the flat batted stuff. Youthful muscle memory is hard to change.
20 Aug
12:25pm, 20 Aug 2024
4,916 posts
  •  
phal
Thanks for the info @Nicholls595 - I’m in Coventry.
Berkswell Cricket club isn’t far away in the grand scheme of things but they have a super organised and established side - I knew their main coach years ago and she’s been commentating on women’s cricket this year and is really established in the Warwickshire set up too. I met someone dog walking the other day who was wearing the same tshirt I’d got from the Softball tournament and had a chat and they mentioned another local team (Bedworth). Might look at them again to see. The ladies side she’d played for at the tournament had folded.

After many years of playing a team sport (water polo) to a really high level and with my change in job and Dave’s shifts, I really can’t / not sure if I want to commit to weekend matches etc. I just wanted somewhere I can have a go and see what I wanted to do from there. There have been zero softball tournaments organised round here since the one I went to - the cricket pitch it was held on is less than a mile from our house. It was perfect!

There’s lots of men’s teams around here but not women’s. My brother played when he was younger so have known which teams to look at, and my parents have a cricket club attached to where they play sport too, but it’s exclusively men. Thought a winter net could be a good place to start. I have zero kit though other than my brother’s old stuff 🤣🤣

Maybe we’ll stick to playing cricket with the nieces and our plank of wood bat 😉
21 Aug
11:41am, 21 Aug 2024
20,441 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
Who needs that aging Lancastrian chap anyway? ;)

SL will be overjoyed with 30/3 at this rate.
21 Aug
11:45am, 21 Aug 2024
20,442 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
Pakistan also glad to get past the dreaded 30/3

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP