The New Normal - What do you see that is becoming the New Normal?

38 watchers
Jun 2020
1:01am, 14 Jun 2020
4,135 posts
  •  
run free
Shops opening on Monday. If that is exciting expect this to be the deal:

- Hand sanitiser greetings at the door
- Perhaps some shopping malls will take your temperature at the door? (In Singapore they do)
- Social distancing will be required
- Won't be able to try on items
- Won't be able to try on make up

- Anything touched will have to be isolated / quarantined for 72 hours

Expect shoppers to dislike the experience and will lead to more shopping using augmented reality and perhaps VR sets will become a norm as more people shop at home.

Shopping via augmented reality is already being done in China. There are some places in the UK already trying this out. Here is some more info:

chargedretail.co.uk
Aug 2020
11:57pm, 6 Aug 2020
4,326 posts
  •  
run free
Style of masks are now an accessory to define who you are, just like what ever you wear to the shops, cinema, on a date...
Aug 2020
4:27pm, 7 Aug 2020
4,185 posts
  •  
Cyclops
I've just seen a comment on Twitter about maths teachers having masks with equations on etc..., rf.
Aug 2020
4:39pm, 7 Aug 2020
27,999 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
Sitting outside pubs, all year round.
Aug 2020
4:42pm, 7 Aug 2020
28,000 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
obesity, heart disease to carry on rising (the government's recent proposals will do nothing whatsoever) and increased alcohol consumption, it's cheaper to drink at home.
Aug 2020
10:38pm, 7 Aug 2020
4,328 posts
  •  
run free
I've got a "skull" scarf, that has drawn a lot of admiration despite Mr Rf's initial objection.

WS - interestingly my neighbours found they didn't like drinking by themselves at home so they drank less.
Aug 2020
7:12am, 8 Aug 2020
647 posts
  •  
Jenelopy
We've been in level 1 for two months now. Some things definitely in the "new normal" category, but some things back to the old normal.

I'm surprised how quickly people went back to hand shaking (which is more common here than in the UK). We held an event at work 2 weeks after the move to level 1, and I was taken aback to have my hand shaken (I hope people had used the hand sanitiser!).

In the "new normal" category for me and people I know:
- staying away from the office when at all sick
- scanning in at any shop/business (for contact tracing)
- a general enhanced understanding that we're all different, we work in different ways and have different home lives
- allowed to work from home up to 2 days a week
- checking the news at 1pm each day for the Ministry of Health update
- more domestic travel (for pleasure)
Aug 2020
7:38am, 8 Aug 2020
138 posts
  •  
Big_G
I've entered a "new normal" race. It's not really a "race" as we know it, but it's as good as it can get at the moment.

It's a very small field (60 people), and we're starting off in pairs with 60-seconds between each pair. The organisers have asked for predicted finish times so presuming everyone has been realistic, I think they're pairing a faster runner with a slower runner, so they'll be apart very quickly. I suppose it's more of an individual time trial than a race, but I'm happy to be pinning a start number on again soon.
Aug 2020
7:40am, 8 Aug 2020
628 posts
  •  
Non-runner
Compulsory Covid vaccination, if it becomes available, and also annual flu vaccine. If not compulsory then strong incentives e.g. don’t have to wear a mask in certain situations, concessions on public transport etc.
Aug 2020
11:41am, 8 Aug 2020
4,330 posts
  •  
run free
Initial job interviews will be conducted virtually with webcams on

More training will be facilitated as virtual events especially technical training

About This Thread

Maintained by run free
What do you predict will be the New Normal?

What are you seeing now as the New Normal?

Govt Guidelines on rebuilding and normalising Covid by restructuring: gov.uk