The New Normal - What do you see that is becoming the New Normal?

38 watchers
Jun 2020
8:54am, 12 Jun 2020
50,201 posts
  •  
Dr PhFleecyD
Public transport can’t at function anything approaching even half full unless masks are compulsory. It’ll soon feel normal if you travel that way.
I think timed ticketing of everything will also be the new normal. Just bought tickets to a National Trust garden for next week
JR
Jun 2020
10:03am, 12 Jun 2020
349 posts
  •  
JR
Well that’s me excluded from transport. The face covering thing is ridiculous - especially when so many demos going ahead in policed. If we believe what we are told that virus is nano sized a mask will do diddly squat to stop particles getting through. But yet like sheep people will follow instead of thinking why are we really being treated like this.
JR
Jun 2020
10:06am, 12 Jun 2020
350 posts
  •  
JR
And it becoming like normal is precisely why I won’t be doing it. It is not normal to live with your face covered. It will be a shop/garages/transport/muggers charter with face covered so they won’t be able to be identified. Do you really want to live in a world where everyone is hidden behind a mask? Imagine what that will do to people’s general mental well being.
Jun 2020
10:14am, 12 Jun 2020
12,377 posts
  •  
Badger
Respectfully disagree. It won’t be for ever; it doesn’t need to stop every particle, it just needs to push R below 1 and keep it there; exhaled virus doesn’t come out as single dry microbes, it comes out as water drops which are very small, but vastly bigger than single viruses.

Look at Hong Kong- everyone’s wearing masks, their lockdown is much looser than ours, but they have kept infection under control and their figures are much better than ours. And their civil unrest has gone much quieter recently.

I don’t
Jun 2020
10:16am, 12 Jun 2020
12,378 posts
  •  
Badger
...want to live in a world where everyone wears masks, but I don’t want to live in a world where we have a pandemic in the first place, nor do I want to live in a world where the pandemic hangs around for longer because folk aren’t willing to take some hygiene precautions for a while.
JR
Jun 2020
10:20am, 12 Jun 2020
351 posts
  •  
JR
If y point y believe civil unrest is calmed in HO you’re very grove.

It won’t be for a short time. It will be until we are ‘told’. I am using common sense based on the real world & lived experiences of those around me. If they’d suggested it 10 weeks ago I may have believed them thinking it actually made a difference but 10 weeks in & R falling - no way. I have friends working in supermarkets/deliveries etc. They’ve been mixing with public throughout with no mask & neither they or their colleagues have become ill. It’s utter nonsense & aimed at the scared WFH brigade who are most likely to comply - just my opinion.
Jun 2020
10:21am, 12 Jun 2020
16,750 posts
  •  
northernslowcoach
Its not OK wearing a mask all the time for many reasons

I'm struggling with helping and treating patients when I and they have our faces covered

But in our department we had 3 confirmed covid cases back in April, thought it would race through the staff group cos we can't work 2m away from each other, yet no-one else caught it so us wearing masks obviously had the desired effect

And wearing a mask protects others, why would you not want to do that
JR
Jun 2020
10:23am, 12 Jun 2020
352 posts
  •  
JR
Oops - first paragraph should read - Very naive if you think social unrest has eased in HK. It hasn’t - just MSM not mentioning it at the moment! I find it odd that people think masks work when most of the recent major world viruses have emerged & taken hold in a country worh high mask wearing - it doesn’t add up.
JR
Jun 2020
10:25am, 12 Jun 2020
353 posts
  •  
JR
Wearing a medical grade mask perhaps might help but a buff is directly designed I believe to allow air to flow though so how can that help - simply doesn’t add up.
Jun 2020
10:26am, 12 Jun 2020
42 posts
  •  
Big_G
JR, what is your theory on why "we are really being treated like this"?

About This Thread

Maintained by run free
What do you predict will be the New Normal?

What are you seeing now as the New Normal?

Govt Guidelines on rebuilding and normalising Covid by restructuring: gov.uk