Shades Marathon Training

1 lurker | 30 watchers
10 Jul
9:15am, 10 Jul 2024
180 posts
  •  
Ian5
Woke up with no after effects from the bump so I'm obviously happy with that,I've never really had any grief running,the only issue I normally have is idiot drivers not indicating or following the law.
WP-Happy new age cat,OH has just gone in to 1 also,I haven't told her,but 2 of the last 3 years she'd have won her AG in HCA so should go well there,but with so many more runners it's hard to say.
Rcouture-I hope you have a good break and the girls enjoy it,nice way to spend the summer holidays for them with family after what they have been through.
10 Jul
9:17am, 10 Jul 2024
3,095 posts
  •  
Shades
Rob - I think an unusual distance like the kilomarathon only works when offered as a drop down distance alongside a marathon when the half distance isn't offered as an alternative.

Haven't tried the NB860's, are the mild stability shoes?

Big G - I didn't see that interview made by Evenepoel re Vingegaard. That gravel stage was really exciting viewing.

Didn't know about the autosave feature on Fetch but explains why I just came back on this thread and my previous post was in the unposted box although it had been posted. So I had to delete it, don't think that's how it should work though.

Did you see that post yesterday I directed at you about possible alternative to getting a medical certificate in France?
10 Jul
9:22am, 10 Jul 2024
3,700 posts
  •  
Big_G
Shades, yes, I saw that. Thanks. I did have a quick look yesterday. Not sure I’ll actively search out another French race though, but good to have it as a backup.
10 Jul
9:29am, 10 Jul 2024
3,096 posts
  •  
Shades
Big G - well might be useful it Trotters do another French trip.
10 Jul
9:30am, 10 Jul 2024
3,097 posts
  •  
Shades
10 Jul
9:33am, 10 Jul 2024
3,701 posts
  •  
Big_G
Shades, here is Remco’s interview, from about 1min20. The helper behind was smirking a lot!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhD7SfiJxxM
10 Jul
9:36am, 10 Jul 2024
4,155 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Rob: Nice to have new shoes to bring out.

Ian Great news for Oh and new age group.I find the faster runners seem to follow me to each new age group this started once I reached 40 ;-) I am hoping no runner is left when I reach 85-90 age group....LOL

I can not read back previous page so well done on all runs.

I hated the gravel stage in the TDF it is a road race!

RHR dropped to +9 so a short run for me around 50 minutes.
10 Jul
9:38am, 10 Jul 2024
3,702 posts
  •  
Big_G
WP, I think that is basically Vingegaard’s view on the gravel. He commented he had 3 punctures that day, and came in riding someone else’s bike! Not ideal, but he lost no time, which was his objective.
10 Jul
9:44am, 10 Jul 2024
4,157 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
BG: Totally agree they did well not to lose any time .I have not seen interview but will watch it.
It is a bit like we enter a road race because we are good running on road and then they add all these nasty gravel sections.
I think it is the only time I have not enjoyed a stage of TDF.
10 Jul
10:03am, 10 Jul 2024
3,098 posts
  •  
Shades
Thanks Big G , that was worth seeing. I hardly recognise Remco from the weight he's lost in the last few weeks.

About This Thread

Maintained by Shades
Back in December 2005 I started a thread on Runner's World offering a marathon training plan on 3 runs a week. I had my own running club at the time (Womens Running Network) and I had successfully trialled the training plan when I took a group of girls to Dublin to run their first marathon.

Over the years the thread has evolved into a chat thread, with a bit of training advice, race reports, for predominantly marathon runners.