RW Mature Runners

12 watchers
22 Aug
6:05pm, 22 Aug 2024
2,724 posts
  •  
WtnMel
Forgot to add that as the manager of the shop remembered me from my days as an 'Almost Athletes' club member, even though I've now left, he still gave me a 10% discount :)
23 Aug
9:32am, 23 Aug 2024
198 posts
  •  
OO61
Nice looking shoes Wtnmel. There is always a 10% discount to be had 😉
23 Aug
10:16am, 23 Aug 2024
15,761 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I'm glad that you now have the Saucony's that you wanted WtnMel. They look very nice, and hope that they "perform" to your satisfaction.

The usual Friday Farmers Walk this morning.
24 Aug
11:32am, 24 Aug 2024
15,768 posts
  •  
hillstrider
It rained heavily all night, and is still raining now. My usual parkrunners decided that they didn't want to run in the rain, so I ran a solo 4.45 miles on roads.
24 Aug
11:49am, 24 Aug 2024
201 posts
  •  
OO61
It was dry when I set out for parkrun so no turning back 😇
24 Aug
12:07pm, 24 Aug 2024
21,658 posts
  •  
BigChiefRunningBore
I am 56 but not sure if I am mature.
24 Aug
12:15pm, 24 Aug 2024
203 posts
  •  
OO61
@BigChiefRunningBore yer I'd say so 😉
25 Aug
5:06pm, 25 Aug 2024
27 posts
  •  
Aquarius
0061 We always look in at Tate Modern when we are in London - but just for the laugh. Neither of us can get to grips with modern art, can't help feeling it's a bit of a rip-off. Over the years we've seen piles of bricks, a load of rubbish (literally) piled up in a corner, blank canvases, canvases with a single brush stroke, television sets with a loop showing of a coloured guy popping up into view then disappearing again, plus loads more besides. Who knows, maybe it is good stuff and we are just ignorant northerners. Didn't know about the Post Office museum though, might put that on the list for when we're down there in November.

WtnMel Nice looking shoes, and always nice to get a discount. Have you tried them out yet? I see you've got back into the routine of doing your exercises. Have you been to visit your mum this week?

HS Pity the bad weather got in the way of parkrun, but well done for getting out in the rain for your solo 4.45 mile run. The bad weather has made its way up here now, and doesn't look very promising for the coming week.

Using the website of a local running shop I've ordered a couple of pairs of Brooks (Glycerin and Ghost) that were half price. I'm pretty confident about this website as it came up with my details once I'd logged in. My 10k trail run yesterday was a bit disappointing, it's the 8th time I've done it and my slowest so far. It was just one of those days when I had no energy in my legs and struggled from the off. My ankle held up though, which was a plus. However my foot is aching a bit today, also my shoulder is a lot more painful too. I've suspected for some time that running is making it worse (the arm movement back and forwards seems to aggravate the tendonitis) so I'm still undecided about Tuesday's 10k. I don't know whether it's worth making the shoulder worse.
25 Aug
6:29pm, 25 Aug 2024
2,726 posts
  •  
WtnMel
Hillstrider - I see your clubmates wimped out of running in the rain so you did a solo run ;)

Aquarius - I'm glad it's not just me has a laugh (silent one, anyway) at Tate Modern .. I must be an ignorant Southerner! I've not had a chance to try out the new shoes yet. No trip to see my Mum this week as I was there last week. But my younger son is down from Leeds for a few days, arriving on Friday, so I'm taking him and my elder son to see my Mum next Sunday. Being a Sunday night, the Premier Inn rooms are a bargain £59 ;) (I can't afford to treat them to the Holiday Inn!). Hope the new shoes you've ordered work out okay. Shame about the result of the 10k trail run.
26 Aug
3:32pm, 26 Aug 2024
15,782 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Aquarius, thanks, I didn't get too wet, as I wore the virtually waterproof top that my daughter bought me.

I'm sorry that your 10k trail run was a bit disappointing, and the slowest that you have run it. We all have runs/races from time to time with nothing in the tank. I hope that you make the right decision as to whether or not to do tomorrow's 10k. If you think it would make your shoulder worse, then I would give it a miss.

WtnMel, I don't mind running in the rain, providing I'm wearing appropriate kit.

I hope that you have a nice time on Sunday, taking your sons to see your mum.

I ran 6.77 miles this morning at Ashlett Creek with the Monday Group. It made a nice change running along the beach on sand and stones, from the forest. Hard work though.

About This Thread

Maintained by WtnMel
With the demise of the RW forums, several of us who used to chat on the 'Mature Runners' thread have been made homeless (I posted on it even though I am no longer a runner!). I have created this thread so we can continue chatting and I hope the others will find their way here ..