Politics

2 lurkers | 215 watchers
13 Sep
12:55pm, 13 Sep 2024
11,632 posts
  •  
Fields
He may have been a fine orator and you liberals feel good about yourself

for admiring him as a president but he was still just as happy to dronestrike weddings in Afghanistan as his republic predecessor and successor
jda
13 Sep
1:01pm, 13 Sep 2024
17,798 posts
  •  
jda
The point didn't seem to be about communication, the words used were "no one could say Hilary, senile Joe and Kamala are in any way decent candidates".

I think they are/were all decent candidates. Not outstanding, certainly imperfect in various ways, but decent.

Their personal qualities seem basically adequate (I don't have any detailed knowledge of course) and politically speaking I haven't seen any of them go so openly courting the right and pandering to them in the way that Starmer has done in the UK. Albeit the US scene is generally to the right of the UK in many respects.
13 Sep
1:06pm, 13 Sep 2024
23,048 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
SPR - no, not really.
SPR
13 Sep
1:06pm, 13 Sep 2024
46,101 posts
  •  
SPR
@simbil if the point was communication that would have been easy to make. I thought the point was they were terrible candidates.

Also not being in Obama's class doesn't make you a poor communicator does it?
13 Sep
1:07pm, 13 Sep 2024
23,049 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Things can be broken into individual posts like paragraphs

Or a continuous long post.

Both have their merits and it depends on what I'm arguing.

There is no style guide for the website!
13 Sep
1:08pm, 13 Sep 2024
23,050 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Sorry, my reply was to simbil, not SPR.

My apologies for mixing you up
13 Sep
1:10pm, 13 Sep 2024
25,589 posts
  •  
larkim
On trump's advisor, Loomer, I saw a tweet from her today that said something along the lines of "it's not just pets, they are eating humans too."

I'm scared to try to verify that tweet for what the algorithm will do to my feed...
13 Sep
1:16pm, 13 Sep 2024
6,431 posts
  •  
paulcook
I saw a similar message (probably the same one) but as a screenshot. It would be easy to say they're just unhinged but it's nearly as dangerous just to dismiss them. Their message is getting out there.
13 Sep
1:19pm, 13 Sep 2024
9,912 posts
  •  
simbil
@rf_fozzy I can only speak for myself, but I don't like poorly chosen words and dozens of posts on the same subject that fill up a page limited to 10 posts. Maybe other people aren't fussed. That was a side point though to the discourteous language used to other posters. No need to call other posters stupid / utter nonsense etc.

@SPR @jda ok, I took it to be centrally about communication ability but it did not say that specifically and I can see how you read it differently to me.
13 Sep
1:31pm, 13 Sep 2024
23,051 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
simbil wrote:@rf_fozzy I can only speak for myself, but I don't like poorly chosen words and dozens of posts on the same subject that fill up a page limited to 10 posts. Maybe other people aren't fussed. That was a side point though to the discourteous language used to other posters. No need to call other posters stupid / utter nonsense etc. @SPR @jda ok, I took it to be centrally about communication ability but it did not say that specifically and I can see how you read it differently to me.

Well sometimes it is easier to type short posts on a phone.

So get used to it.

And if I call something rubbish, I have indeed chosen my words carefully. I haven't called anyone stupid. Read more carefully please.

If you don't like my language - tough shit. I'm not ad homineming people and insulting them or calling for people to be killed like some posters on here. I suggest you talk to them first.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** Last poll winner

121 - Congrats to kstuart who predicted 121

*** Next poll will be along soon....

HappyG 270
Fenners Reborn 266
Jda 250
GeneHunt 205
Larkim 191
Mushroom 185
Bazoaxe 180
JamieKai 177
Cheg 171
Yakima Canutt 165
Chrisull 155
NDWDave 147
Macca53 138
JB 135
Derby Tup 133
Little Nemo 130
Big G 128
Kstuart 121
LindsD 120
Diogenes 117
Fields 111
B Rubble 110
Mrs Shanksi 103
J2r 101
Richmac 101
rf_fuzzy 100 (+15/-15)
simbil 99
DaveW 95
Paulcook 88
Fetch 85
Bob 72
Weean 69 and 2/3
Pothunter 50

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.