Politics

214 watchers
Aug 2023
3:34pm, 18 Aug 2023
20,634 posts
  •  
Chrisull
I mean just reading the Guardian live feed, there's little doubt, 4 attempts on one child, keep trophies from the killings, statistics don't really come into play:

theguardian.com
Aug 2023
5:21pm, 18 Aug 2023
25,446 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
I am on holiday in turkey right now and the people are just the most lovely people you can meet.

Only one has ever raised politics but he was talking of leaving turkey due to erdogan who he claimed cheated the last two elections.
Aug 2023
6:26pm, 18 Aug 2023
3,164 posts
  •  
paulcook
Fascinating story about ex footballer Hakan Sukur in some relation to Erdogan, his friendship with him and fallout from corruption scandal.

m.youtube.com
jda
Aug 2023
7:03pm, 18 Aug 2023
15,330 posts
  •  
jda
larkim, the fact that she was already suspected before several of the incidents pretty much rules out the coincidence argument
Aug 2023
7:25pm, 18 Aug 2023
22,923 posts
  •  
richmac
The managers who dismissed the concerns of Doctors and effectively tried to cover it up.

When's their trial?
Aug 2023
8:35pm, 18 Aug 2023
17,119 posts
  •  
UltraDunc
Indeed . Accessories to the crimes?
Aug 2023
8:38pm, 18 Aug 2023
38,819 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
^that^
Aug 2023
6:03pm, 19 Aug 2023
21,769 posts
  •  
larkim
larkim, the fact that she was already suspected before several of the incidents pretty much rules out the coincidence argument

100% yes. I've no doubts or worries about the conviction.

I hope there's a measured response to the non-medical staff here. Anyone that has any involvement in safety or safeguarding knows that there can be a fine line between making sensible decisions that don't assume the worst in humanity and ones where you come to a conclusion that drastic action has to be taken.

There's a lot of easy tabloid headlines around and I'm sure in time there will be a detailed, forensic enquiry which will point the appropriate fingers of blame. Devious, manipulative criminals find ways of convincing rational, sensible people that they are not a risk, and I'd personally not want those who made mistakes or poor judgements tried by tabloid. Though I do understand the clamour for it, and do see that the narrative we have so far portrays the non-medical staff in a very, very poor light.
SPR
Aug 2023
6:12pm, 19 Aug 2023
42,257 posts
  •  
SPR
Measured response? Measured response based on what we know so far is they were appalling.
Aug 2023
6:22pm, 19 Aug 2023
21,775 posts
  •  
larkim
It's much easier to prosecute in public than it is to defend. They may well have been utterly negligent or incompetent, but what we know is far from the full picture.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** NEW US election PREDICTOR *** Predict:

1) Number of electoral college votes Democrats get
2) Party to win the Senate (Democrat or Republican)
3) Party to win the House (Democrat or Republican)

Do the prediction like this: 312 D D - you win if you get the first number right and no-one else does.

Johnny Blaze 360 R D
Bob 312 D D
EarlyRiser 306 R D
LindsD 298 R D
J2R 296 R D
Chrisull 276 R D
JamieKai 270 D R
Larkim 268 R R
TROSaracen 226 R R
PaulCook 0 G G

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.