Politics

214 watchers
SPR
Aug 2023
6:36pm, 19 Aug 2023
42,258 posts
  •  
SPR
What we know is enough TBH. There's no defence to a lot of what we know.
SPR
Aug 2023
6:42pm, 19 Aug 2023
42,259 posts
  •  
SPR
Hospital bosses ignored months of doctors' warnings about Lucy Letby

bbc.co.uk

There's now a new article saying the bosses were misled by executives.

Clearly something has gone badly wrong when the concerns of several senior medical professionals are ignored.
jda
Aug 2023
8:02pm, 19 Aug 2023
15,339 posts
  •  
jda
Well it looks like charges of corporate manslaughter are on the cards, and I don’t think that’s unreasonable based on what I’ve read.
Aug 2023
9:40pm, 19 Aug 2023
22,940 posts
  •  
richmac
Sod corporate, the people who dismissed and weaseled the doctors raising concerns should be getting done for actual manslaughter.
Aug 2023
11:30pm, 19 Aug 2023
20,635 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Yeah corporate manslaughter on what has been reported seems appropriate. They not only ignored the concerns, they forced the doctors to apologise to her, when the doctor's concerns were not only totally reasonable, but the very least you would expect in a unit with so many extra deaths than normal.
Aug 2023
11:43pm, 19 Aug 2023
70,801 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
The managers who dismissed the concerns of Doctors and effectively tried to cover it up. When's their trial?

Yeah corporate manslaughter on what has been reported seems appropriate. They not only ignored the concerns, they forced the doctors to apologise to her, when the doctor's concerns were not only totally reasonable, but the very least you would expect in a unit with so many

extra deaths than normal.

Exactly to both.
Aug 2023
6:13am, 20 Aug 2023
38,833 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
Yeah corporate manslaughter on what has been reported seems appropriate. They not only ignored the concerns, they forced the doctors to apologise to her, when the doctor's concerns were not only totally reasonable, but the very least you would expect in a unit with so many extra deaths than normal.

I agree.
Aug 2023
8:45am, 20 Aug 2023
3,168 posts
  •  
paulcook
One of, if not the lead consultant, who raised the issues has issued a statement to kind of say he won’t let that part go though also still expects fudging and misinformation.

It’s easy to say it especially in cases where things go wrong, but also in my personal experience, there should be more consultants, doctors, senior medical staff in charge not executives.
Aug 2023
9:04am, 20 Aug 2023
38,835 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
^agree with that too^
Aug 2023
4:01pm, 20 Aug 2023
22,943 posts
  •  
richmac
Looking at the behaviour of the managers in this case, it's what goes on where I am now and I know it's how mangers acted when I was at the Probation Service, and I know some still do.

I'm guessing they a lot on people on here could see that happening in the organisations they work at.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** NEW US election PREDICTOR *** Predict:

1) Number of electoral college votes Democrats get
2) Party to win the Senate (Democrat or Republican)
3) Party to win the House (Democrat or Republican)

Do the prediction like this: 312 D D - you win if you get the first number right and no-one else does.

Johnny Blaze 360 R D
Bob 312 D D
EarlyRiser 306 R D
LindsD 298 R D
J2R 296 R D
Chrisull 276 R D
JamieKai 270 D R
Larkim 268 R R
TROSaracen 226 R R
PaulCook 0 G G

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.