Politics

214 watchers
Aug 2023
11:44am, 3 Aug 2023
22,683 posts
  •  
richmac
Dowden was on R4 this morning insinuating that the fire brigade raising concerns over the fire safety of the floating prison they want to use to house refugees was politically driven by the FBU.

I think he doesn't quite understand what the fire brigade are there for *spoiler* it's not to waive through death traps.
Aug 2023
12:07pm, 3 Aug 2023
47,428 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Is "LinkedIn" a legitimate source?

linkedin.com

I don't know if you can see that if you are not on linkedin. But it says Sunak's family (wife's and father in law's) company Infosys benefits from BP and Shell as clients and they in turn benefit from Sunak's plan to grant oil and gas licences. How is that not a conflict of interest?
SPR
Aug 2023
12:10pm, 3 Aug 2023
42,092 posts
  •  
SPR
LinkedIn isn't a 'source'. The person that posted is the source and you need to know whether they are legitimate.
Aug 2023
12:11pm, 3 Aug 2023
20,610 posts
  •  
Chrisull
G - I thought that was pretty much a given.
Aug 2023
12:28pm, 3 Aug 2023
3,246 posts
  •  
B Rubble
How about these as sources then:

thenational.scot
and

shell.com
and
thelondoneconomic.com
Aug 2023
12:30pm, 3 Aug 2023
47,429 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Good advice SPR. The guy has "climate scientist" in his bio, but I didn't examine further.

Chris, ah, just me being naive then? I think it's pretty shocking that there is such a direct connection between Sunak's swimming pool or fancy car and the fact that he is contributing to the climate disaster by granting licence to extract more fossil fuels from the ground. :-) G
Aug 2023
12:30pm, 3 Aug 2023
30,722 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
Infosys is a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting. We enable clients in more than 50 countries to navigate their digital transformation. With over four decades of experience in managing the systems and workings of global enterprises, we expertly steer our clients through their digital journey. We do it by enabling the enterprise with an AI-powered core that helps prioritize the execution of change. We also empower the business with agile digital at scale to deliver unprecedented levels of performance and customer delight. Our always-on learning agenda drives their continuous improvement through building and transferring digital skills, expertise, and ideas from our innovation ecosystem.

Admirable corporate buzzword bullshit there. Best in class.
Aug 2023
12:31pm, 3 Aug 2023
30,723 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
Innovation ecosystem eh? Splendid.
Aug 2023
12:33pm, 3 Aug 2023
47,430 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Thanks B Rubble. Funny different places to receive one's news! Like I say, I find it shocking that it should be allowed. Should be barred from decisions on topics benefitting him or his immediate family so directly.
Aug 2023
12:35pm, 3 Aug 2023
3,247 posts
  •  
B Rubble
Indeed G. I find myself agreeing with Fields more and more - except about Brexit.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** NEW US election PREDICTOR *** Predict:

1) Number of electoral college votes Democrats get
2) Party to win the Senate (Democrat or Republican)
3) Party to win the House (Democrat or Republican)

Do the prediction like this: 312 D D - you win if you get the first number right and no-one else does.

Johnny Blaze 360 R D
Bob 312 D D
EarlyRiser 306 R D
LindsD 298 R D
J2R 296 R D
Chrisull 276 R D
JamieKai 270 D R
Larkim 268 R R
TROSaracen 226 R R
PaulCook 0 G G

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.