Politics

214 watchers
Aug 2023
12:24pm, 2 Aug 2023
20,608 posts
  •  
Chrisull
If it's Biden vs Trump again, I think Biden wins. Trump won't garner new voters, the independents take a dim view of the felonies, the main worry is that Dems unenthused by Biden stay at home. However current polls all give Biden a slim, but definite single figure lead. Trump's route to 2024 is as dicey as the one he got in on 2020, ultimately you'd rather be in Biden's shoes than his, when it comes to election prospects.
SPR
Aug 2023
12:33pm, 2 Aug 2023
42,087 posts
  •  
SPR
Well, I thought you might at least graciously concede your previous statement was easily disproved by facts. My bad. Those policies are full of delta with the Tory green policies. Way full of delta, so they are.

There's been enough u-turns for people to doubt whether things will stay.
jda
Aug 2023
12:45pm, 2 Aug 2023
15,257 posts
  •  
jda
JB, I was hoping for something subsequent to the recent Tory announcements.
Aug 2023
12:48pm, 2 Aug 2023
30,712 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
I sense this is turning into another one of those "Let's take a Tory policy and use it as a stick to beat Labour with." debates.
SPR
Aug 2023
12:59pm, 2 Aug 2023
42,088 posts
  •  
SPR
Starmer has said he doesn't what Labour policies on Tory leaflets (wedge issues etc). Tories have decided this issue and other climate issues are what they want to fight on as a point of difference. Given Starmer's stated goal actions previously, people being concerned what his reaction here will be isn't shocking. It's not an accident that there's been no loud public reaction from Labour.
Aug 2023
1:19pm, 2 Aug 2023
30,713 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
If it's Biden vs Trump again, I think Biden wins. Trump won't garner new voters, the independents take a dim view of the felonies, the main worry is that Dems unenthused by Biden stay at home. However current polls all give Biden a slim, but definite single figure lead. Trump's route to 2024 is as dicey as the one he got in on 2020, ultimately you'd rather be in Biden's shoes than his, when it comes to election prospects.

Yep.
Aug 2023
1:27pm, 2 Aug 2023
2,791 posts
  •  
Surelynot
My point, JB, is Labour are missing an opportunity to take a Tory policy and use it as a stick to beat the Tories. Get Tory policies on Labour leaflets. That kind of thing.

It’s an open goal.
jda
Aug 2023
1:33pm, 2 Aug 2023
15,259 posts
  •  
jda
Maybe if enough capitalist pig-dogs tell the tories that they are nuts, Starmer will find his spine, and his voice.
Aug 2023
1:38pm, 2 Aug 2023
2,792 posts
  •  
Surelynot
theguardian.com

Should we have some predictions when Nadine follows up on her resignation promise?
Aug 2023
1:46pm, 2 Aug 2023
3,103 posts
  •  
paulcook
I don’t get why there hasn’t been a recall petition to trigger a bielection. Or is not doing your job as an MP not grounds for recall?

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** NEW US election PREDICTOR *** Predict:

1) Number of electoral college votes Democrats get
2) Party to win the Senate (Democrat or Republican)
3) Party to win the House (Democrat or Republican)

Do the prediction like this: 312 D D - you win if you get the first number right and no-one else does.

Johnny Blaze 360 R D
Bob 312 D D
EarlyRiser 306 R D
LindsD 298 R D
J2R 296 R D
Chrisull 276 R D
JamieKai 270 D R
Larkim 268 R R
TROSaracen 226 R R
PaulCook 0 G G

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.