Politics

214 watchers
Aug 2023
11:50am, 2 Aug 2023
20,606 posts
  •  
Chrisull
JB - back to your posting on the previous page, a fun game is to read the descriptions of the co-conspirators and work out which one is which. They aren't particularly well disguised. I think I've definitely got 3 so far, I suspect I know another 2.

I also read that in 2024 the Trump indictments are going to cause judicial traffic jams as everyone tries to get their case heard, and there's more of them than there is time available in all likelihood.
SPR
Aug 2023
11:51am, 2 Aug 2023
42,085 posts
  •  
SPR
At the point that was written, not issuing new licenses wasn't 'controversial', now it just might be. I haven't seen any leadership response to the Tory plans? Will Labour withdraw the licenses that the Tories issue?
Aug 2023
11:54am, 2 Aug 2023
30,708 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
I’ve tried, Chris. I’m wondering if Giuliani is in there. Apparently four of them are lawyers by trade, which makes them very silly billies indeed.

Giuliani, Eastman, Clark, Powell, Cheeseboro (sp?), and one still unknown according to PSA. Allegedly.
Aug 2023
11:56am, 2 Aug 2023
30,709 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
I’m still going for the win with Georgia. State crime which can’t be pardoned by any president, apparently.
SPR
Aug 2023
11:56am, 2 Aug 2023
42,086 posts
  •  
SPR
Some googling suggests Labour are sticking with their pledge but won't revoke any of the new licenses.
jda
Aug 2023
11:59am, 2 Aug 2023
15,255 posts
  •  
jda
Let's see how much of that lovely policy makes it to the manifesto (or even the current news cycle) shall we?
Aug 2023
12:05pm, 2 Aug 2023
20,607 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Georgia does seem to be the one that will get him.

Yeah I'm certain Rudy and Sidney are in there. Lynn Woods too?
Aug 2023
12:06pm, 2 Aug 2023
30,710 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
Well, I thought you might at least graciously concede your previous statement was easily disproved by facts. My bad. Those policies are full of delta with the Tory green policies. Way full of delta, so they are.
Aug 2023
12:13pm, 2 Aug 2023
30,711 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
Back to Trump, I have no idea how it will all pan out, but I’d hope for all three main trials - Mar-a-Lago, Jan 6th and (probably) Georgia would have reached a verdict before the next election.

I think Americans should know before the next election whether they are voting for a convicted felon or not. I’m old fashioned that way.

Having said that, I’m pretty convinced that won’t happen, but who knows.
Aug 2023
12:15pm, 2 Aug 2023
4,198 posts
  •  
Bob!
At the point that was written, not issuing new licenses wasn't 'controversial', now it just might be. I haven't seen any leadership response to the Tory plans? Will Labour withdraw the licenses that the Tories issue?

The pronouncements from Labour at the moment seem to be 'don't suggest anything that will cost more money / add to peoples costs'.

No new licences should be safe on that basis.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** NEW US election PREDICTOR *** Predict:

1) Number of electoral college votes Democrats get
2) Party to win the Senate (Democrat or Republican)
3) Party to win the House (Democrat or Republican)

Do the prediction like this: 312 D D - you win if you get the first number right and no-one else does.

Johnny Blaze 360 R D
Bob 312 D D
EarlyRiser 306 R D
LindsD 298 R D
J2R 296 R D
Chrisull 276 R D
JamieKai 270 D R
Larkim 268 R R
TROSaracen 226 R R
PaulCook 0 G G

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.