Politics

27 lurkers | 212 watchers
jda
Nov 2019
7:51pm, 28 Nov 2019
5,877 posts
  •  
jda
All the more reason to vote against him, if you needed one.
SPR
Nov 2019
7:52pm, 28 Nov 2019
29,729 posts
  •  
SPR
They are so full of it!

twitter.com
Nov 2019
7:54pm, 28 Nov 2019
15,625 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
Keep BoJo away from potential disaster and its in the bag.
SPR
Nov 2019
7:57pm, 28 Nov 2019
29,730 posts
  •  
SPR
This should be seen as a disaster FFS! They're treating people like idiots.
jda
Nov 2019
8:16pm, 28 Nov 2019
5,878 posts
  •  
jda
I think it turned out quite well. The participants were more in broad agreement rather than tearing chunks out of each other (though of course they disagreed on some details). And Bonson comes out looking like a twat.
Nov 2019
8:31pm, 28 Nov 2019
22,939 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
Given he sent his DAD along tonight to "represent" him, I guess we can predict now that Johnson will be following Trump's lead and taking his relatives along with him to international conferences and the like. This country will thereby become more of a laughing stock than it already is.
Nov 2019
8:15am, 29 Nov 2019
311 posts
  •  
Non-runner
This is so annoying! Apparently Ireland’s economy would collapse if proposed EU tax avoidance measures are introduced so they vetoed it (along with Luxembourg, Malta etc).

theguardian.com
Nov 2019
8:49am, 29 Nov 2019
33,439 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
SPR, I think you'll find, unfortunately, that the British voting public are in fact idiots. There's no other explanation for it.

Some fantastic FB memes with placards showing Slugs for Salt, Turkeys for Christmas etc. for working class voters supporting Tories. It's madness.

I have very little hope. But some miraculous, last minute turn around (young voters voting in droves for Green, Labour or even Lib Dems), some off mike comment about "screw the plebs, as long as my mates make money" from the PM or something clear and actionable, or Labour just getting their finger out, that would help!

I think we could be in for 10 years of Tories taking us through Brexit and worse and worse headlines every month. :-(
Nov 2019
8:54am, 29 Nov 2019
2,449 posts
  •  
TomahawkMike
The dark side of the EU empire. So the minnows dictate to the rest of the EU. I dont understand this. So Malta and Luxembourg etc get the same voting power as Germany and France etc regardless of lopulation size. I don't call that democracy. It is abuse and must be manna from heaven for brexiteers.
Nov 2019
8:57am, 29 Nov 2019
2,450 posts
  •  
TomahawkMike
*population. I am referring to non-runners message

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** NEW US election PREDICTOR *** Predict:

1) Number of electoral college votes Democrats get
2) Party to win the Senate (Democrat or Republican)
3) Party to win the House (Democrat or Republican)

Do the prediction like this: 312 D D - you win if you get the first number right and no-one else does.

Johnny Blaze 360 R D
Bob 312 D D
EarlyRiser 306 R D
LindsD 298 R D
Chrisull 276 R D
Larkim 268 R R
TROSaracen 226 R R
PaulCook 0 R R

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.