•  
LindsD
A little...
Nov 2019
7:59am, 26 Nov 2019
10,153 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
Steve Bell (cartoonist in the Guardian) thinks the same run free, see my son's mug :

Nov 2019
8:55am, 26 Nov 2019
27,158 posts
  •  
macca 53
No secret that I’m a Corbyn supporter, but on the doorsteps there is definitely movement.....

I think he has engineered (by luck or judgement will depend on your view of him I suppose)the Labour Party into a position where it is the only party that could possibly end up remaining (may need support of SNP and DUP to do that, and imagine the expressions of the loonies with JC shaking hands with the IRA’s harshest opponents😀😀).

As I see it

Vote Tory. Hard Brexit
Vote LibDem Hard Brexit
Vote BP. Hard Brexit
Vote SNP. Remain
Vote DUP. Remain
Vote Green. Remain

Now, if there are really 55% or more who now want to remain the only way they can do it is to vote against Tory or BP, so there “may” be some holding of noses to be done and thinking about which you would dislike least......
SPR
Nov 2019
9:05am, 26 Nov 2019
29,694 posts
  •  
SPR
Have you got the DUP and Lib Dems the wrong way round?
Nov 2019
9:12am, 26 Nov 2019
33,372 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I see what you're saying Macca - DUP, Green and/or SNP potential coalition with Labour anti-Tory.

So, SPR, he's saying Lib Dems wont coalition with Labour so they effectively allow a Tory minority govt to prevail?

Problem is Lib Dem surely have best chance of nicking seats from Tories, so sometimes it's sensible to vote for them?
SPR
Nov 2019
9:20am, 26 Nov 2019
29,696 posts
  •  
SPR
DUP won't do a coalition with Corbyn either though.

Lib Dems are basically pivoting to keep Johnson out or limit him so as long as their seats don't come at the expense of Labour, they won't lead to a hard Brexit.
Nov 2019
9:24am, 26 Nov 2019
1,467 posts
  •  
SailorSteve
I think it will vary Happy. I fear that my constituency, Gosport, is a lost cause (17,000 blue majority last time); labour a distant 2nd and LD losing deposit.

I have held my nose via postal vote and posted a futile X for labour.

It’s still very much ‘wwylgoi’ down here.
SPR
Nov 2019
9:25am, 26 Nov 2019
29,697 posts
  •  
SPR
Just seen the Nicky Morgan 50k more nurses of which 19k are existing on Good Morning Britain. How do supposedly intelligent people come up with this shite? It must be because they know they can get away with it somehow.
jda
Nov 2019
9:28am, 26 Nov 2019
5,846 posts
  •  
jda
The total budget for that works out at 18k per nurse. Which by the time they are trained, doesn’t leave a whole lot for paying them...it’s just Mickey Mouse level accounting.
Nov 2019
9:31am, 26 Nov 2019
9,571 posts
  •  
larkim
I'm intrigued to see how Labour responds to the chief rabbi's comments. No doubt my Facebook feed of Corbyn activists will attempt to argue that he is wrong, and in doing so unwittingly manage to make anti Semitic remarks and accuse him off being a Tory etc. Oh joy.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** NEW US election PREDICTOR *** Predict:

1) Number of electoral college votes Democrats get
2) Party to win the Senate (Democrat or Republican)
3) Party to win the House (Democrat or Republican)

Do the prediction like this: 312 D D - you win if you get the first number right and no-one else does.

Johnny Blaze 360 R D
Bob 312 D D
EarlyRiser 306 R D
LindsD 298 R D
Chrisull 276 R D
Larkim 268 R R
TROSaracen 226 R R
PaulCook 0 R R

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.