Politics

27 lurkers | 212 watchers
Nov 2019
3:54pm, 15 Nov 2019
10,124 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
Maybe corbyn is trying to win the Scottish vote! So many places don't have it here
Nov 2019
3:56pm, 15 Nov 2019
23,017 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
“Is there good WiFi” is the first question the boy asks if we ever go anywhere - and it seems to be a big consideration for 20-something’s. So I wonder if this policy is there to attract that support.
Nov 2019
3:57pm, 15 Nov 2019
2,371 posts
  •  
Fellrunning
Basic broadband is dirt cheap. At least in urban areas. Most people have upgraded and add one which is where providers make their money.

People like Sky and Talk Talk chuck in broadband free with their other offerings.

So yes it seems a big commitment but in reality could be introduced for not too much.
Nov 2019
3:58pm, 15 Nov 2019
2,372 posts
  •  
Fellrunning
Upgrades and add ons
Nov 2019
4:01pm, 15 Nov 2019
22,901 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
I see Baron Trumpington will be visiting the UK on 2-4 December. I expect loads of glad-handing with the blonde buffoon.

I hope he goes off-piste and stitches Johnson up like a Kipper.
Nov 2019
4:03pm, 15 Nov 2019
12,735 posts
  •  
richmac
^^ wow direct American interference in our election. At least the Russians try to do it by stealth.
Nov 2019
4:14pm, 15 Nov 2019
24,652 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
Broadband in remote places is not impossible, it just has physical limitations to overcome, and that at a cost, so really that offer is aimed at places that don't seem to be natural labour voters, so maybe, but I don't see it, we when heard it this morning we all laughed out loud, as in here's labour promising to spend a lot of money, they don't know they have, that they might actually not be able to do, it seems daft and yes, 1970s, with the added word, broadband. Whatever, I think it is a manifestation of corbyn's nationalisation leaver position.
Nov 2019
4:37pm, 15 Nov 2019
712 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Read an article in the Times there(free at the airport), the columnist suggested the Tories should get in about the SNP by getting Johnson up here campaigning more.

I don’t think that’ll work😀
Nov 2019
7:21pm, 15 Nov 2019
15,589 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
Glad I was too busy at work to contribute today to the Independence debate, but I agre wholeheartedly with HappyGs first post on the topic from 08:33am.

The SNP need to focus on day to day business and prove they can do that. I dont agree there is a mandate for independence as that was clearly voted against. Th FPTP might make it appear there is a mandate. There isnt
Nov 2019
7:37pm, 15 Nov 2019
22,902 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
Of course the Tories will crow that there is a mandate for their deal if they win the election... even though they won't allow a second vote they will happily characterise the election result as being validation of their shitty deal - the details and implications of which most people probably don't even care about.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** NEW US election PREDICTOR *** Predict:

1) Number of electoral college votes Democrats get
2) Party to win the Senate (Democrat or Republican)
3) Party to win the House (Democrat or Republican)

Do the prediction like this: 312 D D - you win if you get the first number right and no-one else does.

Johnny Blaze 360 R D
Bob 312 D D
EarlyRiser 306 R D
LindsD 298 R D
Chrisull 276 R D
Larkim 268 R R
TROSaracen 226 R R
PaulCook 0 R R

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.