Politics

14 lurkers | 213 watchers
Nov 2019
6:51pm, 8 Nov 2019
3,626 posts
  •  
run free
...they are embarrassed by BJ and will be voting to get him out...
Nov 2019
8:52am, 9 Nov 2019
33,125 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Embarrassed is a good enough reason to vote to get rid of Tories. :-) G
Nov 2019
9:57am, 9 Nov 2019
9,237 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Breathing is a good enough reason to vote to get rid of Tories from elected office.
Nov 2019
9:34am, 11 Nov 2019
33,135 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Excellent, so there was no politics for the last days, is that right? Hence no chat in this illustrious thread. I like it! Maybe it was Remembrance respect? :-) G
Nov 2019
10:31am, 11 Nov 2019
9,439 posts
  •  
larkim
This seems like a rather excessively prescient link from 2015...

telegraph.co.uk

Including the 19 day-inaccurate quote "Make Corbyn leader, secure Boris’s victory in 2020"
Nov 2019
10:36am, 11 Nov 2019
15,578 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
I liked how the tories costed up labours proposed spendings despite no manifesto yet. But are unable to cost their own and think that’s ok.
J2R
Nov 2019
11:08am, 11 Nov 2019
2,387 posts
  •  
J2R
This is, more than ever before, the "facts don't matter" election. Everyone 'knows' that Boris is a winner and gets things done, and Corbyn's Labour are Communists who are going to destroy the country's economy. This is what the Sun, Express, Mail and Telegraph are repeatedly saying, and people are following the narrative. We don't need tiresome facts getting in the way.
Nov 2019
11:10am, 11 Nov 2019
33,137 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I'm surprised how influential those newspapers are, but report on R4 this morning says same. You'd think with all the new media about that old papers would be waning in influence. But I agree, we're in "post-truth" world of lies and sound bites prevailing. :-(
Nov 2019
11:13am, 11 Nov 2019
35,180 posts
  •  
Nellers
I see that the Scum did their annual "Corbyn disses the veterans" bullshit again yesterday, despite him being at the cenotaph and laying his wreath the right way up, unlike Johnson, and going on to a further remembrance service in his constituency. I'm no longer sure whether people really believe this or if they just pretend to because it justifies their support for something as appalling as a Tory.
Nov 2019
11:22am, 11 Nov 2019
24,569 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
That goes right back to Foot and his duffle coat, 40 years of it.

It is amazing the newspapers do seem to get noticed, even though people don't buy them (well I do), I suppose it is a talking point. Perhpas the papers have to be ever more outlandish to get noticed.

I just finished reading Tim Moore's another fine mess, he drives a model T Ford across each Trump voting state, very funny, and interesting. The parallels between the UK voting Brexit and the US voting for trump are quite something. Namely, as far as I can see, is that it is far easier to point at something, lay blame and say 'there lies the fault' lets get rid of it, and 'I will help You (the groups of people that have become disenfranchised by our political system)', than it is to be constructive.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** NEW US election PREDICTOR *** Predict:

1) Number of electoral college votes Democrats get
2) Party to win the Senate (Democrat or Republican)
3) Party to win the House (Democrat or Republican)

Do the prediction like this: 312 D D - you win if you get the first number right and no-one else does.

Johnny Blaze 360 R D
Bob 312 D D
EarlyRiser 306 R D
LindsD 298 R D
Chrisull 276 R D
Larkim 268 R R
TROSaracen 226 R R
PaulCook 0 R R

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.