parkrun thread

503 watchers
24 Oct
10:42pm, 24 Oct 2024
78,239 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Tbf our Bressay trip was basically a 24 hour round trip. We did manage a bit of sightseeing before our night time ferry.

Often do an early morning trip for a parkrun just like I will be doing on Saturday for my 400th. Off to Edinburgh.
24 Oct
10:44pm, 24 Oct 2024
7,748 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
LG it makes me chuckle that you’ll do that, yet be close to a parkrun when you’re away for something else and not go!
24 Oct
11:05pm, 24 Oct 2024
78,244 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
I don’t like going somewhere new on my own, I’m too nervous - hard as that seems knowing me.
8:55am
8:55am, 25 Oct 2024
45,622 posts
  •  
Ness
Bin men have been so have collected wheelie bin from the end of the drive and put it away til next week.

Now having breakfast of muesli protein shake and yoghurt with cup of tea number one.
8:56am
8:56am, 25 Oct 2024
71,618 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Bed coffee.
9:03am
9:03am, 25 Oct 2024
45,623 posts
  •  
Ness
Ness wrote:Bin men have been so have collected wheelie bin from the end of the drive and put it away til next week. Now having breakfast of muesli protein shake and yoghurt with cup of tea number one.

That was supposed to be for the mundane thread! Apologies! 🙄😂 At least I've found where I misposted it now!

Back to proper topic. Bedworth parkrun for me tomorrow!
9:16am
9:16am, 25 Oct 2024
21,964 posts
  •  
Gooner
Back from walking child to school, coffee, fruit and fibre.

Also... 😂
9:38am
9:38am, 25 Oct 2024
45,625 posts
  •  
Ness
Blame the menopause! Mr Ness has got this house so hot at the moment. Okay it's nearly dried the ceiling out after our plumbing problem from a couple of days ago but I'm melting. It's obviously messing with my head! 😜😂😂😂
10:55am
10:55am, 25 Oct 2024
12,134 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
Metro_Nome wrote:Each to their own but I have to say I don’t understand that side of tourism- similar with people who get up super early just to bag a run then come home. Our tourism is all incorporated to some kind of trip and visit

Same here, I won’t even go to my second closest parkrun without spending a couple of hours in town whilst I’m there.
11:07am
11:07am, 25 Oct 2024
126 posts
  •  
Meep Meep
Old Croc wrote:They can then come and tell new events what they are doing wrong. As one did to me at either inaugural or event 2. Not much sympathy or gratitude extended for that advice.

Ah yes, the parkrun advice league, travelling the land advising new events as to what they should and shouldn't be doing. They're great. Thing is, when you look up their volunteering history you don't tend to find much.

I remember smiling and nodding a lot when an older tourist couple wearing matching tshirts came to mine and gave me a 10 minute lecture on how a parkrun should be run.

About This Thread

Maintained by Hendo
A discussion of all things parkrun.

Here's a wiki giving brief reviews of parkruns up and down the land:

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=545

parkruns with restart permission: google.com

Note: Hendo is a boy.