•  
Looby Loo
Oops that was meant for 57.5
20 Jul
3:41pm, 20 Jul 2024
6,321 posts
  •  
Groundhog
I went for a run at Shepton Mallet parkrun today. I'm in Glastonbury for a mini festival (music but the festival is small enough to fit in a pub). We're strong near Street and the parkrun here is thought to be a bit dull, just a run round rugby pitches 3 times. Shepton Mallet was worth the extra few miles, it's in a pretty park with a pond. It was a very nervous run though as last night walking back from the pub with my Garmin on, I forgot to turn it off and recorded 6 hours of lying in a tent almost draining the battery.
20 Jul
3:42pm, 20 Jul 2024
3,766 posts
  •  
Big_G
We’re away in Forest of Dean next weekend, and I’m hoping to do Ross-on-Wye parkrun. I’m staying close by and planning to run there and back.

Just realised that today was my 150th time around Torbay Velopark parkrun.
20 Jul
3:49pm, 20 Jul 2024
15,681 posts
  •  
Yorkshire Pie
Rothwell for us today - a huge turnout for a regular who died earlier in the month made it quite crowded at times but it was a nice one and the cafe was very efficient!
20 Jul
8:01pm, 20 Jul 2024
5,836 posts
  •  
Minnie Mad
Doddington Hall was a lovely parkrun, well I was volunteering but the bits I saw were lovely and so friendly. The Hall is stunning and the cafe and farm shop were nice. I hope to run it one day.
20 Jul
9:59pm, 20 Jul 2024
9,170 posts
  •  
Pothunter
10 boomerangs left Australia in June to travel to different parkruns around the world before eventually returning.

B1 visited us at Greenwich this morning and is now heading off the Belfast!

facebook.com Tells the full story :-)
21 Jul
11:00pm, 21 Jul 2024
10,957 posts
  •  
DoricQuine
Busy planning something special for my 350 and hoping that 3 generations of my family will be able to take part.
21 Jul
11:48pm, 21 Jul 2024
19,554 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
DoricQuine wrote:Busy planning something special for my 350 and hoping that 3 generations of my family will be able to take part.
That would be exciting DQ!
22 Jul
10:09am, 22 Jul 2024
22,925 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Minnie Mad wrote:Doddington Hall was a lovely parkrun, well I was volunteering but the bits I saw were lovely and so friendly. The Hall is stunning and the cafe and farm shop were nice. I hope to run it one day.

Doddington Hall is a lovely place to spend some time. Not particularly fussed by the parkrun, it's an out-and back and if I remember rightly it's slightly downhill outwards, and slightly uphill back, but it adds a nice bit of variety to Lincoln's parkrunning scene.

Lincoln parkrun is still the best parkrun in or around Lincoln, in my opinion, but Doddington Hall is a better place to go to if you've got family who don't like a parkrun.

Normanby Hall is also a fantastic day out, and one day I'll get to Belton House which I think is probably a nice day out as well.

(There still aren't enough parkruns in Lincolnshire, but that's not for want of me poring over maps trying to find venues. My official role is in 'the Humber', though, so I'm not really in a position to influence this.)
22 Jul
5:45pm, 22 Jul 2024
2,762 posts
  •  
forest plodder
Was camping on Hayling Island at the weekend, and realised it wasn't far to cycle to the little ferry across to Eastnor, and then less than a mile to Southsea parkrun.
It's a short out and back, then a longer out and back along the promenade, and was congested at the start, so not the greatest course, but lovely views across the Solent

About This Thread

Maintained by Groundhog
Fancy a light-hearted chat about your parkrun stories? First run, favourite parkrun, most beautiful parkrun, hardest course, craziest marshal, parkrun tourist on tour (i.e. how to get to Poland), parkrun family photos? Post them here.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.