parkrun Café

4 lurkers | 124 watchers
20 Jul
10:49am, 20 Jul 2024
6,266 posts
  •  
lin50
I was touristing at Pavilion Gardens, Buxton today. Paul Sinton-Hewitt was Tailwalker. I didn’t even realise who it was…..wondered why everyone was having their photo taken with him!
20 Jul
1:39pm, 20 Jul 2024
5,969 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Penrhyn Parkrun was one of the nicest courses I’ve done. Two big loops, two wee, finishing in a castle entrance.
20 Jul
1:52pm, 20 Jul 2024
4,251 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
@Ally-C Penrhyn is a really nice one.

We did our first Scottish one today at Strathclyde it was fab a really nice setting.
20 Jul
2:00pm, 20 Jul 2024
102 posts
  •  
Slowboy
Had taken myself off the rota this week, as I was down for Timekeeping as well as initial course check, and I decided a couple of weeks ago I wanted to run instead.

Only I was still out sweeping the course at 9:25, having given up on the idea of being back to the start in time to run. We'd normally have 3 out sweeping (half of the course runs under trees, right next to the river, if we don't keep the leaves swept they build up really quickly, form mulch, and then it becomes a slidey death-trap) but today it was just me. And recent rain meant it was a lot more leafy and slidey than anticipated.

Which would have been fine if, when I'd taken myself off the rota, I'd actually pressed 'save'.

Cue phone call from RD, and then sprinting half the course, carrying a sweeping brush, to get back to the start and timekeep.

Not my finest hour :-/
20 Jul
2:25pm, 20 Jul 2024
5,973 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Looby Loo wrote:@Ally-C Penrhyn is a really nice one. We did our first Scottish one today at Strathclyde it was fab a really nice setting.

My female club mate was first finisher there today I think.
20 Jul
2:48pm, 20 Jul 2024
1,140 posts
  •  
Fenners-Reborn
My NENDY has changed (again (second time in just over a month)). Know where I'm going next Saturday. ;-)
20 Jul
2:58pm, 20 Jul 2024
4,252 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
@Ally-C she was so quick I think it must be the only event I’ve seen or noticed the first finisher to be female.
20 Jul
3:22pm, 20 Jul 2024
19,541 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
Slowboy wrote:Had taken myself off the rota this week, as I was down for Timekeeping as well as initial course check, and I decided a couple of weeks ago I wanted to run instead. Only I was still out sweeping the course at 9:25, having given up on the idea of being back to the start in time to run. We'd normally have 3 out sweeping (half of the course runs under trees, right next to the river, if we don't keep the leaves swept they build up really quickly, form mulch, and then it becomes a slidey death-trap) but today it was just me. And recent rain meant it was a lot more leafy and slidey than anticipated. Which would have been fine if, when I'd taken myself off the rota, I'd actually pressed 'save'. Cue phone call from RD, and then sprinting half the course, carrying a sweeping brush, to get back to the start and timekeep. Not my finest hour :-/
:)
20 Jul
3:23pm, 20 Jul 2024
19,542 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
Looby Loo wrote:@Ally-C Penrhyn is a really nice one. We did our first Scottish one today at Strathclyde it was fab a really nice setting.
Strathclyde must be one of the least scenic Scottish parkruns. So you are in for a treat next time you visit the country.
20 Jul
3:39pm, 20 Jul 2024
4,253 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
@Ray25757 🤣I’ll look forward to that 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

About This Thread

Maintained by Groundhog
Fancy a light-hearted chat about your parkrun stories? First run, favourite parkrun, most beautiful parkrun, hardest course, craziest marshal, parkrun tourist on tour (i.e. how to get to Poland), parkrun family photos? Post them here.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.