•  
Surrey Phil
Never predicted that.
6 Aug
7:59pm, 6 Aug 2024
43,515 posts
  •  
Nellers
The guy on the Science of Sport pod this morning was saying that there was a chance that of Kerr and Ingerbritsen spent all their time worrying about each other Hocker would sneak through and win.

He also predicted Remco to with the Road Race, and Yee to win the Triathlon and Alfred to win the women's 100m, although I don't think any of those were as much outside bets as Hocker tonight.
6 Aug
8:00pm, 6 Aug 2024
56,657 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I think a lot of people assumed the remaining 10 were running for bronze so ignored the others!
At least Kerr can still said he beat him! And got a NR
6 Aug
8:01pm, 6 Aug 2024
6,109 posts
  •  
paulcook
Nellers wrote: I don't think any of those were as much outside bets as Hocker tonight.

Hocker was a 3% chance according to the odds. (I don't know about any of the rest, but I'd be surprised they'd be anywhere near that.
6 Aug
8:02pm, 6 Aug 2024
17,416 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
Can’t be disappointed with a PB!
6 Aug
8:03pm, 6 Aug 2024
43,516 posts
  •  
Nellers
Jacob isn't very good at championship racing is he?
6 Aug
8:03pm, 6 Aug 2024
15,197 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
No medal for Ingebrigtsen! :-0

Josh set a NR so he shouldn't be too disappointed to get silver
6 Aug
8:04pm, 6 Aug 2024
2,618 posts
  •  
MudMeanderer
EvilPixie wrote:Given there are only 3 medals why are we having races for 7 & 8 etc?

For the track at least, all positions attract UCI points that will subsequently be used to determine if riders and nations will be eligible/invited to other events (e.g. World Championships).
6 Aug
8:07pm, 6 Aug 2024
10,597 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Brought back memories of Coe and Ovett destroying each other in 1978 and losing out to Beyer (GDR).
6 Aug
8:08pm, 6 Aug 2024
8,600 posts
  •  
IdristheDragon
I’ve thought that Ingebrigtsen isn’t good at running without pacemakers for a while. I don’t think he is race smart enough

About This Thread

Maintained by Curly45
Couldn't find a thread so thought I would start one.

Who else is off to watch or who is watching at home?

We're doing Lille and Paris and a mix of sports. Currently trying to find travel insurance that includes ticket cancellation as some of the trains in the UK might be difficult and we have some internal French trains to do as well.

Also need to work out the new Paris metro ticket/app combo (Navigo I think).