Fragile Do Not Bend
Definitely quite a few here!
May 2023
9:59pm, 11 May 2023
103,492 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I will check tomorrow.
My fruit cage has been thriving on neglect several years running now and I still have the remnants of gluts in the freezer so as far as I am concerned, the sawfly can have the goosegogs :)
May 2023
11:27pm, 11 May 2023
1,908 posts
  •  
Turtlemama
Update:

Beans now out in the main bed, subject to nightly slug checks / top ups of wool pellets.

Spring onions ravaged by slugs. Need a re sow and wool pellets (I won't kill anything)
Courgettes almost ready to venture outside
Beetroot sown
Peas sown
Potatoes all cropping
Parsnips sown
Tomatoes happy in greenhouse for now
Strawberries rampant and flowering
Blackcurrants rampant as usual
Gooseberries and redcurrants chugging along where the blackcurrants allow!
May 2023
8:39am, 12 May 2023
11,123 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
My tomatoes have moved on from their yogurt pots on the windowsill to an intermediate home in larger pots in the greenhouse. I have lots of good healthy plants but a small number have barely grown and 4 of them just keeled over and died whilst indoors. No idea why that’s happened when they’ve all been treated the same.

My green courgettes are also decent sized plants, I thought my yellow ones hadn’t germinated so I sowed some more then the the first lot finally decided to poke through so it looks like I’m going to have a lot of courgette plants.

Brassicas, lettuces and strawberries are liking the combination of plenty of rain and a fair amount of sun.

The mangetout plants I bought are planted out but haven’t done much so far.
May 2023
8:56am, 12 May 2023
16,711 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Strawberries are doing well here to Frag. Tomatoes are doing great - they are in growing in greenhouse now as are cucumbers. Onions, broccoli and beetroot all growing well too.
May 2023
7:19am, 17 May 2023
16,647 posts
  •  
UltraDunc
I gave the Christmas cacti every chance but it seems the frost was the reason for their demise. Just to let you know.

Also a victim of the earlier frost that we had is an old Cordyline it’s had set backs in the past so will wait and see for that.
May 2023
7:29am, 17 May 2023
17,303 posts
  •  
Garfield
Yes, I need to see if I can revive my cordyline too...
3M
May 2023
8:07am, 17 May 2023
21,285 posts
  •  
3M
Tomatoes and cucumbers coming on like gangbusters! I've got some in growing bags, need to pot the others up this coming weekend. Including some to go into hanging baskets for a change.

The butternut squashes are out under bell cloches, and the frame is ready for the netting once I move the calabrese and psb out too.

I really need to get the beans into the ground, too!
May 2023
8:10am, 17 May 2023
37,881 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
My cordalines suffered as well, they started rotting so had to take the tops off and apply seal and heal, I hope they recover.

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP
A wire about gardening.