•  
Welshpoppy
@HazelnutCH not JHZ sorry.
14 Oct
10:52am, 14 Oct 2024
71,443 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
It does, doesn't it, @Welshpoppy! eL Bee!'s birthday is on the same day as the marathon, so I introduced the idea with, "Would you like to go to Valencia for your birthday this year?" He was like, "What have you entered?"
14 Oct
11:06am, 14 Oct 2024
4,660 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
eL Bee knows you so well :)
14 Oct
11:07am, 14 Oct 2024
404 posts
  •  
alehouse
I happened to be in Valencia for the half marathon two years ago, late October: fast course and great weather.

I have updated the "About this Thread" blurb to include past themes, and possible future themes which can always be added to!

Just back from playing Pooh Sticks on a bright sunny but cool morning, and appropriate given that it is the 98th anniversary of Winnie the Pooh's debut!
14 Oct
11:15am, 14 Oct 2024
71,445 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Pooh Sticks? There's an Over 50s thread for that ;)
14 Oct
11:42am, 14 Oct 2024
117 posts
  •  
ElspethF
Lyrics yes!
Pooh sticks and throwing pebbles in the burn are favourites with the boys, only Sean is so little that he falls over when he throws!
Back with no problems last night, mundane stuff this morning, tesco washing making a pot of soup etc. May go out for a wet walk when that's done! Got some trail shoes to wear in!
Dentist check up this afternoon.
Hazel, enjoy the rest day!
Veloci, some spanish sunshine sounds like a nice enough birthday present, certainly feels more wintery after the weekend.
14 Oct
2:00pm, 14 Oct 2024
1,046 posts
  •  
Wabo
afternoon all
lyrics yes
hope everyone is ok

what: couple of miles later maybe less
why: see what time i can and how I feel
last hard: yesterday morning
last rest: 28/12/22
14 Oct
3:22pm, 14 Oct 2024
2,906 posts
  •  
RooA
Lyrics-nope

What- nothing

Why - ankle on ice
Last rest- Friday

Last hard - Saturday

Mood - grumpy
14 Oct
3:58pm, 14 Oct 2024
97 posts
  •  
Dustin
Hiya
Peter / Els - great report & photos. I'm surprised that time got you last place, its not unusual to have 3h+ in local ones here (without the climbs). Well done though after your recent setbacks, that's a solid performance.
Ale - Enjoy the Salvador day
RooA - ah bum with the ankle. Put a decent gin over ice, far more preferable...
WP- sounds better new re the achilles!
Vrap - sounds familiar....a trick out of "every runners handbook"

What - an hour over the fields & woods plus fizz later
Why - torrential rain all morning meant it would be fun out there!
last rest - 14/09
last hard - tbh some of that. Not a fast pace but plenty of mud , water and sludge to traipse through. Loved it.
Lyric - don't think so
14 Oct
7:27pm, 14 Oct 2024
128 posts
  •  
Slowboy
Lyrics: yes

What - 5 easy miles
Why - Harriers beginners session. Plus a couple of miles warmup beforehand.

Last hard - a brief burst at Parkrun on Saturday before binning it with a banging headache and a twingy ankle.
Last rest: Yesterday

About This Thread

Maintained by alehouse
Each day someone sets some song lyrics, often on a particular theme, eg colours, numbers, running, etc. Others then say whether they know the song or not, but DO NOT say what the song is: the answer is revealed the next day.

Current theme: Transport

Previous themes: The Weather, Olympics, Colours

Future themes? December, Numbers, Girls' Names, Boys' Names, Creatures, Nature, Movement, Places...please suggest!

Contributors then say
What their training will be
Why they are doing it

Some also say
Last hard
Last rest

Plus of course general comments about the weather, other people’s training or races…illness or injuries!

Feel free to join us and why not set some lyrics once you get the hang of the thread?

X

Free training & racing tools for runners, cyclists, swimmers & walkers.

Fetcheveryone lets you analyse your training, find races, plot routes, chat in our forum, get advice, play games - and more! Nothing is behind a paywall, and it'll stay that way thanks to our awesome community!
Get Started
Click here to join 113,264 Fetchies!
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here