Meaningless product descriptions

1 lurker | 122 watchers
um
15 Jun
3:23pm, 15 Jun 2024
8,567 posts
  •  
um
Not so much a description, but a review of the bottle of Tesco Chile Merlot I just won in our village fete. The original, in Polish, here, https://winicjatywa.pl/tesco-chile-merlot/#

Or the full artistry, courtesy of G-Trans :-
This wine doesn't even have a name. Bought in Tesco for 9.99, bottled in the UK. It's a razor to a drowning man.

Hypothetical situation: you're going to an allotment/to your aunt's name day/to a party with friends somewhere deep in the countryside or in Ɓowicz, you don't have much time, you go there on Friday after work, you finished a project at 10pm, you worked all week until late, the house is empty, you grab two T-shirts, a change of underwear, a toothbrush, the shops are closed, you've drunk the wine and haven't restocked for a long time (although you have a list made thanks to our brave and fearless journalists who risk their health to taste and describe it on Winicjatywa every day), your choice is: petrol station or Tesco. You choose Tesco. On top of that, you don't like your friends, your aunt will serve you a cutlet dripping with fat and misery anyway, the wine doesn't really matter, but you still prefer wine to compote. And here it is! It's like blackcurrant jam, perfect instead of compote, you can chill it, that will only help... No tannins, no acidity, such "Kononowicz's wine". Cheap, doesn't kill and available after midnight. What the heck! I could drink a glass at a party! Wine source: Winicjatywa's own purchase.

15 Jun
6:54pm, 15 Jun 2024
3,153 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie

Maybe meaningless because it's in French, but what is going on at the top of the bottle??
um
15 Jun
7:05pm, 15 Jun 2024
8,568 posts
  •  
um
[ "It's not just the size, pink pleasure"

And, erm, zezette? I'm not sure I can share the translation here. A common term for 'lady parts'. ]
3M
15 Jun
10:51pm, 15 Jun 2024
24,238 posts
  •  
3M
:-o
17 Jun
8:16am, 17 Jun 2024
3,155 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
um wrote:[ "It's not just the size, pink pleasure" And, erm, zezette? I'm not sure I can share the translation here. A common term for 'lady parts'. ]

Wow! In the supermarket too. lol
28 Jun
7:45am, 28 Jun 2024
6,631 posts
  •  
quimby

A wireless converter kit for Android/Apple CarPlay.
7 Jul
8:54pm, 7 Jul 2024
23,128 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
7 Jul
9:04pm, 7 Jul 2024
10,446 posts
  •  
GordonG
Saves on mowing
7 Jul
9:10pm, 7 Jul 2024
152,219 posts
  •  
GregP
About time we had a new header
13 Jul
3:06pm, 13 Jul 2024
6,308 posts
  •  
Groundhog
Are you sad about your cracked or chipped windscreen? This is the product for you.

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP

(header last updated 07/01/24)