Knitting, crocheting and general craftery

2 lurkers | 169 watchers
Sep 2011
11:18am, 11 Sep 2011
5,901 posts
  •  
runner duck
*snorts at the idea of v'rap being an obedient wife* ;) although it sounds like elbee! was right! hope you're properly better soon :)

i keep meaning to make squares from wool from each project so i get a blanket of everything i've made. another thing on the list...

any wool that is going spare i can make use of :) i'm trying to combine charity stuff with own stuff so making a wide range of things so can probably make use of almost anything. although i live a long way away from you and it would require postage - so if you can hand it over to people then that probably makes more sense :)

there are loads of charity things to do. my friend knits up lots of hats and mitts for the christmas shoe boxes. and another makes blankets and clothes for the baby special care units. the little hats have to have a buttoned 'hatch' so the monitors can be attached to their heads. she also knits outfits for the stillborn babies. really sad but apparently can be a great source of comfort for the parents. it's quite nice to do charity stuff that doesn't involve begging for sponsorship money as well :)

speaking of which, i'm behind on coaster production for my friend's stall so i better do a couple today!
Sep 2011
11:38am, 11 Sep 2011
17,258 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I am a VERY obedient wife, RD. eL Bee! doesn't issue orders often, so when he does lay down the law I assume he means it. Not saying I didn't sulk and whine and stick my bottom lip out, though ;)

Tink was looking at one of my knitting books this morning. I'm hoping she'll absorb the notion that it would be worth learning so that she can make some of the things she was eyeing up.

My odds and ends of yarn will be made into bunting triangles for Woolfest next year. The plan is to amass enough woolly bunting triangles to encircle the venue. Some of the ones that people have already done are amazing - I suspect there's a competitive element to it.
Sep 2011
12:10pm, 11 Sep 2011
8,124 posts
  •  
Meglet
If V'rap is taking any of Nicki's wool I can bring it up to the next Lakeland Trail.
Sep 2011
12:13pm, 11 Sep 2011
2,813 posts
  •  
Kittenheels Kath
Glad I wasn't the only one watching Last Nights of the Proms; I have to tell someone, because I'm so proud: Ed Gardner (the conductor) was one of my students a few years ago (I work in a music college), and he was completely lovely as a student, and I'm so pleased he's doing so well; it's entirely deserved. :-)
Sep 2011
12:20pm, 11 Sep 2011
5,905 posts
  •  
runner duck
aah that's lovely kk :)

bunting is a great idea. and i'm the same with my oh. he rarely puts his foot down about anything so when he does i take notice.
Sep 2011
12:24pm, 11 Sep 2011
8,125 posts
  •  
Meglet
Oh wow, I always love watching the conductors. Shame about the microphone issue during the speech.
Sep 2011
12:25pm, 11 Sep 2011
8,126 posts
  •  
Meglet
Right, must stop faffing about and get ready for this race! See you later...
Sep 2011
1:20pm, 11 Sep 2011
17,259 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Race strong, racers :)
Sep 2011
2:15pm, 11 Sep 2011
5,906 posts
  •  
runner duck
hope it's an excellent race :)

one coaster done. i'll do a sneaky few rows of the waistcoat before my lsr :)
Sep 2011
2:41pm, 11 Sep 2011
9,229 posts
  •  
Mikuro
Just been to the local horticultural show, many huge vegetables but also have a craft section - the crocheting section was pretty bare apart from a boring blanket, some random granny square thing and first prize went to a pretty awesome crochet aquarium - lots to look at. Think I will have to enter next year. The knitting section had some nice baby cardis but nothing amazing. :)

About This Thread

Maintained by Helegant
***NEWSFLASH***

Possible tour of the Strictly costume workshops?

Details here: dsi-london.com

The regular "Behind the Seams" tour starts with champagne, lasts about 2 hours and includes lots of crystals and swishy dresses.

DSI London headquarters

The Courtyard

131 Aurelia Road

Croydon

CR0 3BF

If anyone wants to organise a group booking then hand up now please. Groups are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 11am or 2pm.

Otherwise we could make individual bookings at £29 each (2pm Saturday or Tuesday)

A thread for those of us who like making 'stuff'.

Recommended yarn/craft shops: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=456

Lists of books/patterns http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=460

Fabric shops - bricks or on-line. fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=556

Article about sewing machines: fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=557