Knitting, crocheting and general craftery

2 lurkers | 169 watchers
Sep 2011
3:13pm, 9 Sep 2011
17,226 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I probably amn't. Will go looking for the group :)
Sep 2011
3:22pm, 9 Sep 2011
9,198 posts
  •  
HellsBells
yes I'm BellsofStMarys - my usual username was taken and I joined Ravelry in the middle of hubby project managing our new bells :-)
Sep 2011
3:23pm, 9 Sep 2011
1,817 posts
  •  
sallykate
Lovely pics HB :-)
Sep 2011
3:29pm, 9 Sep 2011
5,876 posts
  •  
runner duck
tank top completed :) photo taken but not yet uploaded.

i also sewed up a snood i made for a friend early in the summer - i reckon she's going to need it soon.

i was very good for all the sewing up and sat at the table and did mattress stitch. *polishes halo*

off to peek at hb's piccies :)
Sep 2011
3:31pm, 9 Sep 2011
17,227 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Love the pics, HellsBells. And Smash, whom I also located :)

Your stashes all look very classy and minimal compared to mine :)
Sep 2011
3:44pm, 9 Sep 2011
5,877 posts
  •  
runner duck
lovely stuff, hb! and i wouldn't call lacy scarves and gloves basic! or if it is i'm at kindergarten stage!

i haven't put my stash on yet. but i don't think classy is going to cover it ;) i have just uploaded a photo of that tank top :)
Sep 2011
3:45pm, 9 Sep 2011
5,878 posts
  •  
runner duck
oh, i'm jaynie-b on ravelry. runner duck didn't seem particularly appropriate for a knitting site :)
Sep 2011
3:52pm, 9 Sep 2011
7,967 posts
  •  
Girlie
Love the projects HB and Smash:-)

RD- I struggle with Mattress st and have to really concentrate if Im sewing up, fortunately Mum is good at sewing up so gets the task! Esp for the mystery blanket which is going to be hers anyway

My stash on Ravelry is only the Yaffle yarns I cba listing every ball of yarn I own and the other 20+ balls/skeins of sock yarn!
Sep 2011
4:09pm, 9 Sep 2011
381 posts
  •  
smash
Thank you Girlie and V'rap - there's something very satisfying about not only finishing a project, but then uploading a picture of it - 'look what I made!'
Sep 2011
4:44pm, 9 Sep 2011
5,880 posts
  •  
runner duck
love your stuff, smash - i'm officially in love with piggly :)

i find it really hard, too, girlie. i went on a finishing course in london last year and it has helped, but then you have ages between needing to sew up and have to relearn again!

i'm the same with picking up stitches to do borders. by the second armhole on the tank top i was getting the hang of it again!

About This Thread

Maintained by Helegant
***NEWSFLASH***

Possible tour of the Strictly costume workshops?

Details here: dsi-london.com

The regular "Behind the Seams" tour starts with champagne, lasts about 2 hours and includes lots of crystals and swishy dresses.

DSI London headquarters

The Courtyard

131 Aurelia Road

Croydon

CR0 3BF

If anyone wants to organise a group booking then hand up now please. Groups are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 11am or 2pm.

Otherwise we could make individual bookings at £29 each (2pm Saturday or Tuesday)

A thread for those of us who like making 'stuff'.

Recommended yarn/craft shops: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=456

Lists of books/patterns http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=460

Fabric shops - bricks or on-line. fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=556

Article about sewing machines: fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=557