Knitting, crocheting and general craftery

3 lurkers | 169 watchers
Sep 2011
11:16am, 9 Sep 2011
17,217 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Well done on getting the second sock ticked off, Spinkle. New project?

I have been very disciplined. Did a chunk of making-up on my Little Thing last night, and have brought my Second Sleeve to work with me. So far, I have managed to cast it on, and that's it. I've resisted breaking out another project, which I think may be a very small jumper made with Noro Silk Garden sock yarn as a tension swatch for the bigger thing I want to make with the same yarn.
Sep 2011
11:31am, 9 Sep 2011
5,871 posts
  •  
runner duck
*confused* just how small is that jumper going to be if the tension swatch is enough?! :)

about to start on last arm cuff of tank top. and i will sew it up and sew in all the ends (done most already) before returning to teddy knitting...
Sep 2011
11:35am, 9 Sep 2011
17,219 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
The jumper is going to be bigger than 10cm square, RD! But I've got plenty of the wool, so rather than waste half an hour rattling off a piece of knitting that isn't any use for anything, I might as well make something I can do without a pattern and for which the tension isn't critical because I can adjust all the other measurements accordingly.
Sep 2011
11:37am, 9 Sep 2011
5,872 posts
  •  
runner duck
lol i'm with you now. my brain was befuddled and bewildered, but then it often is :)
Sep 2011
12:47pm, 9 Sep 2011
736 posts
  •  
spinkle
I never swatch. I'm a devil like that ;-)

New proj is Amiga from Ravelry. Cardi and I'm using bright red Debbie Bliss 4 ply
Sep 2011
1:20pm, 9 Sep 2011
1,815 posts
  •  
sallykate
I never swatch but maybe I should. From the progress I made on the plane i think my socks are going to be a little on the large side....which is fine in this case (I hope) because they're slipper-substitutes rather than real socks. Well impressed at the shaping for the heel though, I unpicked it at first because I didn't get it but it worked really well!
Sep 2011
1:31pm, 9 Sep 2011
9,196 posts
  •  
HellsBells
I never do a tension square - I probably should!
I've just put some of my recent stuff on ravelry - it's all pretty basic, but hard enough for me
Sep 2011
2:48pm, 9 Sep 2011
17,224 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
No tension swatch! WHAT are you lot LIKE! Living right on the edge, eh ;)

(I only make 'em for shaped things.)
Sep 2011
3:05pm, 9 Sep 2011
17,225 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Remind me of who you are on Ravelry please, HellsBells. I can't see your pictures on my gallery :(
Sep 2011
3:12pm, 9 Sep 2011
1,816 posts
  •  
sallykate
V'rap are you in the Fetchies ravelry group? HB is there :-) BellsofStMarys (I hope!)

About This Thread

Maintained by Helegant
***NEWSFLASH***

Possible tour of the Strictly costume workshops?

Details here: dsi-london.com

The regular "Behind the Seams" tour starts with champagne, lasts about 2 hours and includes lots of crystals and swishy dresses.

DSI London headquarters

The Courtyard

131 Aurelia Road

Croydon

CR0 3BF

If anyone wants to organise a group booking then hand up now please. Groups are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 11am or 2pm.

Otherwise we could make individual bookings at £29 each (2pm Saturday or Tuesday)

A thread for those of us who like making 'stuff'.

Recommended yarn/craft shops: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=456

Lists of books/patterns http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=460

Fabric shops - bricks or on-line. fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=556

Article about sewing machines: fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=557