Knitting, crocheting and general craftery

1 lurker | 169 watchers
May 2020
10:41am, 4 May 2020
20,979 posts
  •  
Meglet
Can I have a link as well please? Not sure if I'm free but if I am will join in :-)
May 2020
11:34am, 4 May 2020
2,441 posts
  •  
Drell
Possibly me, I'll join if I can
May 2020
9:36am, 6 May 2020
16,563 posts
  •  
northernslowcoach
Hello crafty people
Come to ask a cheeky favour
Would anyone who's made masks be prepared to make me a couple?
I travel to work by train and have been doing throughout lockdown, its been fine as there's so few of us you get a carriage each, but as more people return to work I'm sure we'll be be asked to mask up.
I'm more than happy to pay for it or make a donation to a favoured charity

Thank you muchly xx
May 2020
10:43am, 6 May 2020
715 posts
  •  
BarefootEm
Help!!

I have crocheted a granny square blanket, and crocheted the squares together, and then a border... It has taken ages. I was going to give it to the recipient today, however after washing it yesterday and leaving it to dry I have noticed it has come loose on one square...is there anyway of fixing it? Or have I completely ruined it :( I'm gutted!
May 2020
11:05am, 6 May 2020
20,982 posts
  •  
Meglet
Oh no!

If you’ve got some spare yarn of the same colour use a darning needle and go over the stitches to try and replicate the appearance. You may not have darned in a long enough end.

If it’s a bit more you might be able to use a crochet hook and replace the stitches to a certain point before sewing in. You’ll know it’s there but it’s unlikely the recipient will notice.
May 2020
11:19am, 6 May 2020
716 posts
  •  
BarefootEm
Thank you, will give it a look when I get a break in work... shh don't tell the boss!
May 2020
11:51am, 6 May 2020
23,009 posts
  •  
Lizzie W
NSC, I'm not sewing, but I'm sure someone will x
May 2020
12:27pm, 6 May 2020
46,388 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
nsc, I don't sew but a lass just round the corner from us has made a load of nice fabric masks which she's offering in return for donations. Would you like me to get some and pop them in the post to you?
May 2020
12:41pm, 6 May 2020
20,984 posts
  •  
Meglet
I’d offer but I’ve been meaning to make my own for about two weeks and still not started! If I get caught up I’ll let you know.
May 2020
1:30pm, 6 May 2020
5,334 posts
  •  
Wine Legs
^ I am in the same position as Meglet...

About This Thread

Maintained by Helegant
***NEWSFLASH***

Possible tour of the Strictly costume workshops?

Details here: dsi-london.com

The regular "Behind the Seams" tour starts with champagne, lasts about 2 hours and includes lots of crystals and swishy dresses.

DSI London headquarters

The Courtyard

131 Aurelia Road

Croydon

CR0 3BF

If anyone wants to organise a group booking then hand up now please. Groups are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 11am or 2pm.

Otherwise we could make individual bookings at £29 each (2pm Saturday or Tuesday)

A thread for those of us who like making 'stuff'.

Recommended yarn/craft shops: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=456

Lists of books/patterns http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=460

Fabric shops - bricks or on-line. fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=556

Article about sewing machines: fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=557