Knitting, crocheting and general craftery

3 lurkers | 169 watchers
Feb 2020
8:57am, 26 Feb 2020
26,332 posts
  •  
HellsBells
Is it time for another tea and knitting session?
Feb 2020
9:05am, 26 Feb 2020
2,970 posts
  •  
Wombling Plodder (Welsh Womble)
Looking forward to seeing Mrs VJs next creation :-)
Feb 2020
10:25am, 26 Feb 2020
4,458 posts
  •  
Vancouver Jogger
It may take a while. I think she said that there were 16 of these octagons, then the squares, then the sewing it all together and then the border... This first one got done relatively quickly due to half-term
Feb 2020
10:51am, 26 Feb 2020
2,417 posts
  •  
Drell
could be, HB. Maybe in the Cambridge direction this time?
Feb 2020
7:03pm, 26 Feb 2020
26,336 posts
  •  
HellsBells
I have a fit of cast otitis
I’m bored with my wips and want to make something different but have no idea what!

I currently have a lace weight sweater, a stripy scarf and a Shetland lace shawl on the needles. I don’t want to start any socks as I have family coming at the weekend to choose sock yarn. What shall I start?
Feb 2020
7:26pm, 26 Feb 2020
26,337 posts
  •  
HellsBells
Ignore me - I went stash diving and have unearthed a pretty blue green 4ply that really wants to be a drop stitch scarf :-)
Feb 2020
9:43pm, 26 Feb 2020
2,418 posts
  •  
Drell
I'm really struggling at the moment. 2 wips, both pretty hard work. 1 because it's difficult (and in the non-difficult bits, boring), the other because it's boring. I've got a number of projects I'd like to do, but darent, because if I do, I'll never finish these 2.

I think I'm saying that I feel for you, hb, but have no good suggestions.

Or, alternatively, I need encouragement to start something new myself.
Feb 2020
8:36am, 27 Feb 2020
12,023 posts
  •  
Garfield
I just need to sew some handles on the crochet yoga bag that I made...it's the sewing that I hate. Then I have something in mind, though it could be a little troublesome as I want to make it in a laceweight yarn, but the pattern is DK. A yoga friend of mine managed it in laceweight just doing a larger size...first thing I need to do is a swatch (something I rarely do!).
Feb 2020
8:52am, 27 Feb 2020
45,408 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I've also got several advanced WIPs that I could finish and am itching to cast on something else. A jumper, FFS. Because I can just flash through a jumper as a brain-cleanser.
Feb 2020
8:34pm, 28 Feb 2020
16,610 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Anyone recognise this baby blanket pattern?

Been asked if I can make it!!

I think it's knit but they said crocheted

Thanks

About This Thread

Maintained by Helegant
***NEWSFLASH***

Possible tour of the Strictly costume workshops?

Details here: dsi-london.com

The regular "Behind the Seams" tour starts with champagne, lasts about 2 hours and includes lots of crystals and swishy dresses.

DSI London headquarters

The Courtyard

131 Aurelia Road

Croydon

CR0 3BF

If anyone wants to organise a group booking then hand up now please. Groups are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 11am or 2pm.

Otherwise we could make individual bookings at £29 each (2pm Saturday or Tuesday)

A thread for those of us who like making 'stuff'.

Recommended yarn/craft shops: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=456

Lists of books/patterns http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=460

Fabric shops - bricks or on-line. fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=556

Article about sewing machines: fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=557