Garmin

214 watchers
Nov 2022
4:21pm, 3 Nov 2022
2,113 posts
  •  
Big_G
I’ve no idea how it is implemented but if it is an issue, I wonder if it’s something to do with travelling between different time zones? I was in Nice over the weekend, and travelled back Tuesday. I did do a marathon on Sunday in Nice, but just taking the above image as a snapshot ‘Since Midnight’ today it makes no sense, and it does kind of look like two nights/days. I’m only mentioning this as the travelling is somewhat unusual for me and it ties loosely to the days when I’ve noticed the graph looking peculiar.

I’ve just restarted the watch and it’s still the same, so I’ll keep an eye on it.
SPR
Nov 2022
6:03pm, 3 Nov 2022
38,728 posts
  •  
SPR
That would make recovery fake though, regardless if time zone and if it thinks it's night, of you're not sleeping/ recovering then it shouldn't increase.
SPR
Nov 2022
6:06pm, 3 Nov 2022
38,729 posts
  •  
SPR
Unless of course you're suggesting it lost some hours due to travel somehow? Does the time actually correlate? So was it circa 6pm when you took the screenshot?
Nov 2022
6:27pm, 3 Nov 2022
2,114 posts
  •  
Big_G
I took the screenshot a couple of mins before I posted it today.
SPR
Nov 2022
6:37pm, 3 Nov 2022
38,730 posts
  •  
SPR
Ok, it's definitely confused about the time, lol. Might be worth checking with Garmin.
Nov 2022
7:25am, 4 Nov 2022
2,115 posts
  •  
Big_G
I’ve contacted Garmin and I’ll report back if I get anything from them.

I’m also going to try and remember to check it more regularly today. As of now, today’s graph looks normal. Yesterday’s first peak was incorrectly at around 4am when I would have been asleep for a few more hours whereas today’s peak is about now (I’ve not long been out of bed).
Nov 2022
4:49pm, 4 Nov 2022
2,119 posts
  •  
Big_G
Today’s Body Battery graph has so far been inline with what I’d expect - ie, a peak when I woke up and then declining through the day. So maybe whatever issue was there has sorted itself out.

Garmin responded asking for a pic and a few more details of the issue though, and I’ve sent that to them.
Nov 2022
9:58am, 5 Nov 2022
2,121 posts
  •  
Big_G
Yesterday’s graph remained normal all the way through the day so I’ve no idea what the issue was but if Garmin get back to me, I’ll report back.
um
Nov 2022
3:48pm, 6 Nov 2022
6,687 posts
  •  
um
An update on the clip. I was about to buy the Tusita off Garmin for £4.90, when I saw a 2-pack was £5.80. Free delivery to the local shop as an Amazon hub. So I ordered 2. To have a spare.

Both work fine with Off Roader's 620 & my 735
Nov 2022
8:30pm, 14 Nov 2022
121 posts
  •  
unsliced
My Fenix 6S Pro has been having small tracking errors recently - the Run activity is set to GPS + Galileo and I'm running 23.83 β (and I think I'm going to know the answer). I can't place it exactly to the recent update, but it's happened a number of times in the last week.

A couple of recent runs, I'm seeing lots a few more erroneous tracking points than normal - and not in built up areas. This evening's run home, a few of the km are 30-45 seconds off (mostly slow, but a few sections way too fast) and the overall distance feels about 5% too short

Is anyone else seeing slightly dubious points?

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
For all questions and comments about Garmin devices, including importing to Fetch.