Steve NordRunner
techradar.com
SPR
Oct 2022
12:07pm, 21 Oct 2022
38,614 posts
  •  
SPR
I've just added a race through web for the first time and seen you can mark races as no priority which based on what it says means it won't try and train you for them (although I assume it can't totally ignore them. Seems like that will work for training through. I ran 10 miles yesterday (recommendation was rest) as Saturday is just about getting out there again and pre the XC league start. I may taper for league as once in full training it's a good spot to have an easier week given its once a month but I'm also going to be more focused on getting base up initially than training for racing.
SPR
Oct 2022
12:10pm, 21 Oct 2022
38,615 posts
  •  
SPR
Apparently you have to have a primary event though... (I don't have one as I did my first two via the app I believe).
SPR
Oct 2022
12:15pm, 21 Oct 2022
38,616 posts
  •  
SPR
There also doesn't seem to be a way to change priority after adding it other than making an event primary.
SPR
Oct 2022
1:08pm, 21 Oct 2022
38,618 posts
  •  
SPR
A bit of testing, once you add a primary it will always have a primary it seems as it reclassifies the next event if you delete your current primary. If you add via the app it automatically goes in as secondary so you don't have to have a primary unless you set one. I haven't tested this but wonder if you added your first event by web it would default to primary. No priority races don't seem to show up on the race widget at all and look to be totally ignored by the training suggestions given that when I did that for tomorrow's race I got a base day for tomorrow.
SPR
Oct 2022
3:57pm, 21 Oct 2022
38,620 posts
  •  
SPR
One thing I've noticed on the 255 is the workout default screen only shows time and distance. The 245 default screen used to show pace. I never have a pace (or HR) target for workouts so wondered if it only shows now if you have a target and whether this is something that applies to other watches?
Oct 2022
6:36pm, 21 Oct 2022
15,045 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
I don’t know but remember you can just change the data page using up/down to you regular pace page.
SPR
Oct 2022
6:38pm, 21 Oct 2022
38,624 posts
  •  
SPR
Yeah, I know that. My regular page is just time as I don't use pace during standard runs. The fact works showed pace automatically was useful. It's not a deal breaker though.
SPR
Oct 2022
10:16am, 22 Oct 2022
38,625 posts
  •  
SPR
Can confirm all the morning report showed today was race, weather and calendar.
SPR
Oct 2022
2:55pm, 26 Oct 2022
38,688 posts
  •  
SPR
I've been watching how suggested workouts react. After I did 9 miles with some easy intervals and basketball, Tuesday changed to recovery rather than a longer base run, that was definitely the right correction based on my recovery at that point. Today it recommended 45 mins at 145bpm but I did 67 mins at 121. On Monday, Thursday's threshold recommendation was a straight 18 mins at threshold, pre today's run it was 3 x 8 mins, after the run today, it has changed to 2 x 16 mins (all at 170 bpm). I'm assuming it thinks the easier HR today even though a bit longer than suggested means I can do a tougher session tomorrow. It's possible it might change again tomorrow morning, lol.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
For all questions and comments about Garmin devices, including importing to Fetch.