For those of the left handed persuasion

20 watchers
Sep 2022
11:13am, 11 Sep 2022
11,367 posts
  •  
PaulaMc
If I needed to throw something I would naturally use my left hand but it wouldn't be that much stronger/more accurate than if I used my right.

I don't have any issues with my co-ordination though, know my left from my right, and can follow routines etc with no problems, so I'm not sure you can blame lefthandness for that one, Lip Gloss 😉.
Sep 2022
11:15am, 11 Sep 2022
64,694 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
PaulaMc don’t burst my long standing bubble of blaming being left handed 😂😂😂😂
Sep 2022
11:21am, 11 Sep 2022
4,326 posts
  •  
Curly45
Sup I love a broken can opener here 😂😂

Very very leftie. Terrible writing and Magpie says watching me chop veg is 😬 although only one of us has axed off the end of their finger and it ain't me.

I can dance and coordination isn't bad, but I always turn the 'hard' way in ballet by default as it feels more natural to me.

I try not to scissor things either.
Sep 2022
11:24am, 11 Sep 2022
20,266 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Ah yes Curly - clockwise and anti clockwise can be an issue for lefties. I'm pretty bad with keys and locks, always think I'm going to break them.
Sep 2022
11:25am, 11 Sep 2022
20,267 posts
  •  
Sharkie
It is definitely still a right handers world.
Sep 2022
11:27am, 11 Sep 2022
20,268 posts
  •  
Sharkie
But I LIKE being left handed. I think because we have to, because the world isn't adapted our way many of us lefties are more ambidextrous than natural right handers.
Sep 2022
11:28am, 11 Sep 2022
4,327 posts
  •  
Curly45
Oh my god I bend keys alll the time. I hate sticky locks and any Airbnb is always a gauntlet of 'will I be able to open the door?!?' 😂😂
Sep 2022
11:29am, 11 Sep 2022
20,269 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Love it, Curls! Am not alone! xxxx (And lawks we're both gingers too... at least you are tall!)
Sep 2022
11:40am, 11 Sep 2022
40,222 posts
  •  
Night-owl
I struggle with one particular lock at work it's embarrassing at times having to call someone to help
Sep 2022
11:50am, 11 Sep 2022
24 posts
  •  
orbness
Another leftie here. My brother is as well and we all ways spotted the left handed actors on TV in nanoseconds….
My son is a lefties as well.

Left footed as well, but do hold a golf club/cricket bat right handed. Which when you take the right hand away is a left handed backhand…

Never got on with left handed scissors/bread knives etc….as it’s highly unlikely I’ll have them with me everywhere and as it’s a right handed world, adapting has always been the best solution.

I’m a “‘cack-handed” left handed writer. I do curl my hand. My brother never did. Think it might be because when you’re learning to write “joined up” the angle of letters matches the right hander…the hand and pen is 180 degrees from the right hander, my brothers writing would slope the other way.

Obviously being in my early 20s when computers started getting mice and having to share a PC with 10 other right handers, it was the best thing to learn to use it with my right hand. Writing notes and using a mouse is a good skill.

Thought about this way too much.

About This Thread

Maintained by UltraDunc
Following on from observations of royal leftists 😀