Fetch track meet - Tamworth - Sat 26th Oct

17 watchers
1 Oct
8:10am, 1 Oct 2024
43,603 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
I will be there, with Jigs of course :-)
1 Oct
8:14am, 1 Oct 2024
21 posts
  •  
Keegan
Yes @Sigh it was Fradley 10k in 2019. The only fly in the ointment may be a personal matter but I wont know until nearer the time. Will pm you.

And yes @stilldreaming Peelers are allowed, we don't discriminate at TAC!
1 Oct
9:34am, 1 Oct 2024
21,058 posts
  •  
Gooner
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs) wrote:I will be there, with Jigs of course

:)
1 Oct
12:56pm, 1 Oct 2024
1,512 posts
  •  
RunnyBunny
If the weather is a bit wet and you're planning on parkrunning, keep an eye out on the Tamworth parkrun FB page - it was cancelled last Saturday and the course is prone to flooding.
1 Oct
1:08pm, 1 Oct 2024
8,235 posts
  •  
Winniefree
Mr W and I will be coming :-)
1 Oct
5:58pm, 1 Oct 2024
21,074 posts
  •  
Gooner
Good point @RunnyBunny. I live close to the offending river, further upstream so I should be able to give forewarning if the level is up.
3 Oct
8:58pm, 3 Oct 2024
21,345 posts
  •  
Gooner
FYI - I had spoken with the owners of the track again today to confirm a few details and all is still good for 12:00 - 14:00 on 26/10/24. For those not coming to parkrun beforehand you can either use the what 3 words tag - ///winter.object.jeeps or search for Tamworth Athletic Club and you should get there just fine.

The car park for the track is normally locked with a barrier so we've been asked to ensure that we don't turn up before 11:40 and that we can leave the car park by, at the latest 14:20 so that the volunteer that will be opening for us can use as little of their valuable time as possible.

There will be toilets available on site for the duration of the session if anybody requires them.

Also, in the unlikely event of an accident or emergency, I will be the first aider on site and I do have advanced life support qualifications for any grazed knees 🙈

I don't foresee any issues but feel free to drop a message in here if anyone has any questions. I'll also re-post this nearer to the time so that anybody coming has the info.

As mentioned previously, some of us will be doing Tamworth Castle Grounds parkrun first, mobbing the cafe to have a chat/coffee/cake before heading to this so the plan for the track is to get the first race underway relatively early to ensure we have time for further distances and catching up. Also, at least two of us are entered into the Tamworth 10k the next day (Sunday 27th) which starts in pretty much the same spot as the parkrun in the Castle Grounds, so if anybody wants to make a weekend of it or was thinking it might be a bit far, well now you have a reason to have a night away too! ;)

Anyway, enough chatting from me, see you all on the day!
3 Oct
8:59pm, 3 Oct 2024
21,346 posts
  •  
Gooner
Might be a nice way for @fetcheveryone to get away from his computer madness for a day or two... ;)
4 Oct
9:04am, 4 Oct 2024
28,499 posts
  •  
Sigh
Thanks @Gooner , I'll use Google maps on my phone / Android Auto, and aim to get there for about midday.
4 Oct
12:29pm, 4 Oct 2024
15,057 posts
  •  
hellen
What’s Tamworth PR like? Is it road shoes and flat! My fav kind! If I do PR then I will be rubbish at the mile! No way am I doing 100m!!

About This Thread

Maintained by Gooner
Come one, come all! After a little procrastination on my part, the Fetch meet in Tamworth is on. The track is booked for 12:00 - 14:00 allowing time for Tamworth Castle Grounds parkrun and a social coffee & cake before the event for those that want to. There is a little cafe at the parkrun that we used last time so hopefully they'll be able to accommodate us again. Spread the word, the more the merrier!

fetcheveryone.com/races/tamworth-fetch-meet-10329639

https://www.fetch...