RunningRonnie
Have a great time Ally.
Jun 2023
7:59am, 12 Jun 2023
3,564 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Have a great time Ally.

Cheers, my first night in our van was in Largs. Walked into town for tea and got caught in a cloudburst, soaked through to my boxers 😂
Jun 2023
8:15am, 12 Jun 2023
2,673 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
Aha nightmare! We had great weather.
Jun 2023
10:53am, 12 Jun 2023
2,573 posts
  •  
Big_G
Enjoy, Ally. I’ve been over on that journey - it’s a nice one.

We travelled Plymouth to Roscoff on Friday in the van. We had a cabin as we didn’t want to leave the dog in the boat’s kennels. Very pleasant ferry too. Ferry was far better than the DFDS ones we’ve used from Dover to Dunkirk/Calais. Decent coffees, patisserie, nice meals etc. A very nice 5.5hr crossing, and it felt a good way to start our holiday.

We stayed at a friend’s in a place called Guern, about 1.5hrs from , in Brittany. They’re living the dream with that place - they’re my age but bought it very much as a doer upper about 20 years ago and it’s lovely. We stayed with them 2 nights, and arrived at a site in Bourges last night, and staying here tonight too. It’s a nice town, cathedral, bars, and I had a nice run around the lake here this morning for 6 miles to start the day, with lots of birds, and the haze on the water making it very atmospheric in the early morning sun. Afterwards we went for a walk up around the marshes here, which were very nice with lots of wildlife, before stopping for a coffee in town, and picked up some fresh bread and nice cheese for later. We’re back at the site now as it’s a bit too hot for Tigg, but we’ll venture out again a bit later when it’s cooler.

It’s been a good start to the trip so far. Heading to Annecy tomorrow, staying in the mountains nearby for 3 nights.

When people ask what I like about the van, I think the main thing is flexibility. Usually I’d have no reason to visit some of these places, but they’re lovely, and stopping en route for a coffee stop somewhere is great too :)
Jun 2023
12:30pm, 12 Jun 2023
16,911 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Enjoy Annecy 😁 trip sounds bliss to me

Roll on next Monday when we head to France
Jun 2023
5:35pm, 13 Jun 2023
3,568 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Took this photo a few metres from where we’re parked for the night.

Carrauntoohil, heading up there tomorrow.

Jun 2023
6:39pm, 13 Jun 2023
2,578 posts
  •  
Big_G
Very nice Ally. Similar here, as this is from our site. Stunning.

Jun 2023
6:53pm, 13 Jun 2023
16,916 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Gorgeous views
XB
Jun 2023
7:36pm, 13 Jun 2023
16,303 posts
  •  
XB
Stunning
Jun 2023
7:56pm, 13 Jun 2023
25,416 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
Wow!

About This Thread

Maintained by AntClark
Share the VW (or other) Camper Van love, which Fetchies have Campers? Can't beat a Camper for Race ...