EU Referendum - In or Out? Vote here

2 lurkers | 70 watchers
Oct 2016
12:41pm, 27 Oct 2016
4,914 posts
  •  
Winded
The last "it" there is some kind of phone miss click- I don't know how I did it.
Oct 2016
3:59pm, 27 Oct 2016
10,120 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Last night talking in the pub, and an interesting point someone made "let's just stop beating around the bush and admit it, we are a racist country, we have a problem with the far right springing up in the Midlands and north and all over the place (they the preceded to name at least 5 far right parties and which hold sway in parts of Dudley), and that the Brexit vote was a majority vote against immigration and therefore race, let's grasp the nettle, admit it and not just pretend it isn't happening". I thought no that's not true... but yes... actually, I can't argue it.
Oct 2016
4:34pm, 27 Oct 2016
13,434 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
I think Nissan gave the go ahead after goverment assurances.

I read that as the goverment will stump up some money post brexit if the shit hirs the fan. Which theybwill be able to do outdide of the EU.
Oct 2016
4:40pm, 27 Oct 2016
24,260 posts
  •  
macca 53
I don't see how the government can assure anybody of anything at the minute......
Oct 2016
6:17pm, 27 Oct 2016
6,002 posts
  •  
Jambomo
I thought that as well WS - they are no in a position to guarantee any kind of EU/single market access or TBH anything much at the moment. Nissan know it as well so if they have agreed to anything I'd expect it to be firmly on the financial guarantee side.
Oct 2016
6:54pm, 27 Oct 2016
2,363 posts
  •  
mr d
Have to agree with Binks about not voting, I gave up for the same reasons. I went to the polling station and took my local election slip and refused the general general election slip. A spoiled ballot also counts as turnout.

If we had PR I would vote, we are lucky here, two two candidates can win, boundary changes my reduce that to one, but large parts of tge country only one candidate has a realistic chance, which is why we have governments that only 25% of registered voters put a cross against.
Oct 2016
10:08pm, 27 Oct 2016
10,125 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Spoiled ballot is fine by me, and isn't the same as not voting at all. I don't like people not voting and moaning about the system, they tend to be of a fairly privileged type in my experience too.
Oct 2016
10:45pm, 27 Oct 2016
2,365 posts
  •  
mr d
Another sweeping generlisation.

Do you have to vote to not like the voting system?

It's my choice and what does spoiling a ballot prove?

Also if you can afford to go to the pub midweek you are probably more privledged than me.
Oct 2016
11:05pm, 27 Oct 2016
17,646 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Spoiling a ballot is actually counted and recorded with the results, and announced and everything. Not only that, but spoiled papers are presented to the candidates to judge whether they're spoiled or not.

Go on, write a message to them on yours. Just make sure you sign it so it definitely can't be counted.

Or simply draw a line through all of the boxes.

Not turning out is not recorded and counts for nothing. If you want to suggest the system, a spoilt paper is the way to go. I've spoilt a few in my time.
Oct 2016
11:06pm, 27 Oct 2016
17,647 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Subvert, not suggest.

About This Thread

Maintained by CStar
Time to cast your vote for Fetchland to be part of the EU or to pull up the drawbridge and simply do...