EU Referendum - In or Out? Vote here

70 watchers
Feb 2016
3:47pm, 22 Feb 2016
12,572 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
The BBC have changed their headline to "Adam Johnson admits...." Who's the BBC journalist among us?
Feb 2016
5:02pm, 22 Feb 2016
12,358 posts
  •  
TRO Saracen
Just realised this is going to be like a 4 month general election campaign...

*books flight to Outer Mongolia*
Feb 2016
5:08pm, 22 Feb 2016
3,126 posts
  •  
postieboy
A four month battle for the leadership of the Conservative Party more like. Cameron/Osbourne vs BoJo is what it will come down to, not the real issues regarding whether we are better in or out of the EU.
Feb 2016
6:26pm, 22 Feb 2016
5,475 posts
  •  
CStar
Oooh, you cynic Postie ;-)
Feb 2016
7:32pm, 22 Feb 2016
3,739 posts
  •  
Doctor K
You're right Postie. The Beeb gave us plenty of in depth information this morning by interviewing Boris Johnson's Dad for god's sake !!

I was at an event on Saturday, a Unison/Labour forum where we had two MEPs speaking. One of them Julie Ward spoke very well and passionately about the EU and debunked some of the myths about it. I told her that was all very well but she isn't being heard in the wider community.

It's not as if you can pop into town for their weekly surgery either.
Feb 2016
8:16pm, 22 Feb 2016
3,127 posts
  •  
postieboy
Cameron's opening salvo today is a sign of things to come. The battle for 10 Downing Street has started. :-P

BoJo's eloquent and considered case for leaving the EU in The Telegraph is infinitely better than any other 'Out' campaigner will manage. Farage and Galloway are bigots from opposite ends of the spectrum and whilst I concede Michael Gove is a very intelligent politician, he has no eloquence or empathy so comes across as a complete bastard. A man who's style would have been perfectly suited to being a member of the Thatcher cabinet.

I'll need an awful lot of convincing that 'Out' is better for us. The ball is in their court for them to sway my opinion.
Feb 2016
8:42pm, 22 Feb 2016
5,605 posts
  •  
Too Much Water
Everyone calling into LBC shortly after Midnight this morning was an 'Out'... Therefore the Fetch poll must be wrong (or perhaps both are from small and skewed samples!)
Feb 2016
9:33am, 23 Feb 2016
22,262 posts
  •  
macca 53
Mrs Macca was telephone polled yesterday for the first time ever. It was clearly a conservative leaning pollster as the final question was "would you prefer David Cameron or Boris Johnson aas the next PM?"

errr - "neither" was the answer
Feb 2016
10:00am, 23 Feb 2016
3,672 posts
  •  
Steampunk seratonin
Interesting to see the comments on here.
I was a little perturbed watching Question Time last week and hearing Theo Paphitis saying that he would not like to tick a box yet as he has not heard of any reasoned arguments either way in order to make an informed decision....................but then again he is a Millwall fan :-)
Feb 2016
10:42am, 23 Feb 2016
67 posts
  •  
fartlek
If DC came back with an emergency break on immigration-that we could implement unilaterally i.e if services-nhs and schools, housing were put under too much strain - then I would have voted to remain.The fact remains if 3/4/5 million eu citizens turned up tomorrow we would have no powers to refuse entry. What's to say some of the less well off EU countries don't go bankrupt and some time in the future the above becomes reality?
So I will vote out.....but I'm pretty sure when push comes to shove we will remain in the EU

About This Thread

Maintained by CStar
Time to cast your vote for Fetchland to be part of the EU or to pull up the drawbridge and simply do...