EU Referendum - In or Out? Vote here

2 lurkers | 70 watchers
Feb 2016
8:52pm, 21 Feb 2016
6,642 posts
  •  
Duchess
Possibly not, certainly those who debate politics on the various threads here are (mostly) articulate in their views and postings.

But for those of us who haven't decided our position, it would be nice to have some open debate from both sides!
Feb 2016
10:23pm, 21 Feb 2016
5,471 posts
  •  
CStar
Agreed.
Feb 2016
11:31pm, 21 Feb 2016
5,808 posts
  •  
The_Saint
In, no matter how bad foreign politicians might be, they aren't British Tories
Feb 2016
11:46pm, 21 Feb 2016
5,603 posts
  •  
Too Much Water
So far the main input on this thread has been "I don't agree with this person who is voting in / out therefore I am voting the opposite way". Sheeplike? Not at all...

Waiting in a massive queue at Heathrow just now as the epassport gates were closed (and it's a disgrace BA don't pay for fasttrack for their European business class passengers) a lot of the talk was along the lines of "if we vote to leave the EU we might not have to queue up with all the EU people next time we fly back to the UK". For many people something like this may be the clincher!!
Feb 2016
9:50am, 22 Feb 2016
12,356 posts
  •  
TRO Saracen
Out for me.

I'd like to stay in a reformed EU. Cameron's 'deal' isn't an acceptance of any need to reform by the EU: now a slow down integration, to be more accountable, or even make some sort of attempt to gain sufficient control of the taxpayers money they are watercannoning about so that their auditors can sign off the accounts (even FIFA got their accounts signed off).

It's simply a few minor opt outs on an unchanged journey.

So a vote for 'In' endorses that journey, and the lack of a need for reform.

Despite all the 'In' ers prophecies of doom (are they REALLY saying that the world's 5th largest economy can't exist on its own....) most know exactly what will happen if the vote is 'no'. They'll be another deal on the table in 6-12 months, with real reform this time and we'll have to vote again.

The EU will do almost anything to keep the train moving (ask Greece) but will do ABSOLUTELY anything to keep the thing from falling apart.
Feb 2016
10:42am, 22 Feb 2016
1,431 posts
  •  
Zorba
OUT...I'm against anything the SNP are in favour of...
Feb 2016
10:53am, 22 Feb 2016
33 posts
  •  
UsedToRunaBit
The out brigade are led by pretty much every tory politician I can't stand, not a great start, IDS and Gove should be flipping burgers, not in charge of policy.

But, until I know more about the pros/cons, I can't really say with all honestly what I will vote for, a few months of listening and thought required I think.
Feb 2016
10:55am, 22 Feb 2016
2,061 posts
  •  
Nicholls595
Am I to assume that Westminster MPs will do bugger all apart from argue about this for the next 4 months?
Feb 2016
10:59am, 22 Feb 2016
3,137 posts
  •  
Ceratonia
That's one of the benefits, Nicholls.
Feb 2016
12:55pm, 22 Feb 2016
2,641 posts
  •  
Triplet Dad
Interesting to read Boris's comments - you take out the word Brussels, replace it with Westminster and he's basically rehashing the same case the Yes campaign made in the Scottish referendum.

About This Thread

Maintained by CStar
Time to cast your vote for Fetchland to be part of the EU or to pull up the drawbridge and simply do...