EU Referendum - In or Out? Vote here

4 lurkers | 70 watchers
Feb 2016
8:59pm, 20 Feb 2016
13,333 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
I'm a sort of lukewarm 'In'. I think there's lots wrong with the EU, but instinctively I feel that anything Farage and Galloway are in favour of is something I could never support.
Feb 2016
9:24pm, 20 Feb 2016
3,116 posts
  •  
postieboy
So we're voting for the least worst option. Nothing new there! :-P
Feb 2016
9:32pm, 20 Feb 2016
11,074 posts
  •  
RichHL
If the Numpties win, I'm off to Italy while they'll still let me in.
Feb 2016
9:38pm, 20 Feb 2016
11,075 posts
  •  
RichHL
Meep Meep wanted a guide to the arguments. This might be useful: bitebackpublishing.com

(I have to declare an interest because I flog the book into some markets. I might get a few pence if you buy it from a real bookshop.)
Feb 2016
12:59pm, 21 Feb 2016
3,119 posts
  •  
postieboy
Mrs P's side of the family are voting out because they're a load of xenophobic bigots. Mother in law said she's voting out because they don't like us and we don't like them. I went off on one and then stormed out the house so here I am in a Costa coffee staffed mainly by friendly Eastern Europeans trying to calm down. I'm in trouble here but I refuse to stay quiet against such prejudice.
Feb 2016
2:16pm, 21 Feb 2016
890 posts
  •  
Scott S
I'm voting out.
Feb 2016
2:18pm, 21 Feb 2016
5,464 posts
  •  
CStar
Trouble is PostieBoy, unfortunately there are an awful lot of people who take a simplistic 'We don't like foreigners' approach and have absolutely no idea of the real issues.

Really there should be a test you have to pass to demonstrate that you have a least a basic grasp of the issues before you're allowed to vote in this. ;-)
Feb 2016
2:29pm, 21 Feb 2016
3,120 posts
  •  
postieboy
Political conversation at the dinner table should be banned by law. It ruins a good meal.

I actually get on very well with my in-laws, our views on the world differ greatly though. A classic case of me from a multi-cultural background, them British small town syndrome.
Feb 2016
3:16pm, 21 Feb 2016
8,120 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
Ian Duncan Smith is a leading voice on the out campaign. As a Minister, he is a disaster, he has presided over Welfare Reform which has been one missed target after another, one budget overspend after another. Why anyone would follow this man's opinion on anything is beyond belief, he's an incompetent clown.
Feb 2016
3:21pm, 21 Feb 2016
3,819 posts
  •  
Jono.
in for me, I've yet to hear a convincing argument of why we should leave. I'll leave it at that.

About This Thread

Maintained by CStar
Time to cast your vote for Fetchland to be part of the EU or to pull up the drawbridge and simply do...