EU Referendum - In or Out? Vote here

1 lurker | 70 watchers
Feb 2016
7:17pm, 21 Feb 2016
3,122 posts
  •  
postieboy
I see Boris is backing the 'Out' campaign. Another lunatic for the asylum. Also puts him in pole position to be next PM if they win.
Feb 2016
7:19pm, 21 Feb 2016
3,820 posts
  •  
Jono.
Sorry duchess I don't understand your question
Feb 2016
7:29pm, 21 Feb 2016
9,592 posts
  •  
richmac
What I'm most outraged about is the behaviour of the Tories.

To explain my thoughts.

Is this about Europe ? No it's an extended power struggle for who will succeed the Pigfucker. What is appalling in is that instead of just having an internal power struggle they, the Tories would wan't to display any disunity in the party that might cost them ratings so they choose Europe as the battle ground.

Of course, these are the rich & privileged who would be best insulated from the disastrous effects of an exit.

Basically they are squabbling to be the biggest fish in an ever decreasing pond.
Feb 2016
7:38pm, 21 Feb 2016
4 posts
  •  
MK runner
Of course the EU isn't perfect, and I can understand why some people are uncomfortable with the fact that key decisions that affect the UK aren't always made here. However, for all its imperfections, I will unhesitatingly be voting to stay in. It's not just about the risk to jobs and the economy that Brexit would cause, but the isolationist and potentially xenophobic message that it sends to the rest of the world. And I agree with richmac's sentiments about the Tories - this is all about trying to head off UKIP which demonstrates as sad lack of leadership on Mr Cameron's part.
Feb 2016
7:43pm, 21 Feb 2016
1,596 posts
  •  
Fellrunning
I agree with Cstar that there should be a mandatory test of whether people understand the issues before they are allowed to vote. My experience is that a lot of people can't even manage to name 15 of the 28 EU members. In a straw poll I've had folks tell me that Switzerland, Libya and even (seriously) Syria are members of the EU.
Feb 2016
7:46pm, 21 Feb 2016
112 posts
  •  
Ventilator
If Gove is voting for Brexit (shudders at having used this ridiculous new word) then I'm voting to stay in. The man imo is a certifiable idiot and should not under any circumstances be listened to. If you want, feel free to substitute the name Gove for Farage or Johnson.
Feb 2016
7:52pm, 21 Feb 2016
3,124 posts
  •  
postieboy
Whoever thinks Britain would get a good deal if negotiating a EU divorce is either naive or delusional. We'll get royally shafted and left to flounder for it. 26 vs 1? Not a fight we can win.
Feb 2016
8:31pm, 21 Feb 2016
6,641 posts
  •  
Duchess
Sorry jono. You said "in for me, I've yet to hear a convincing argument to leave". So I was curious that you didn't suggest that you *had* heard a convincing argument to stay.

Which led to wondering if you felt one was needed to be made, or if you are sufficiently comfortable with the status quo that you only need an argument to change it. Does that make sense?

There seems to be such an overwhelming opinion of "stay" across this thread, there doesn't appear to be any point in a referendum. Or are we unrepresentative of the British population.
Feb 2016
8:34pm, 21 Feb 2016
5,470 posts
  •  
CStar
Duchess. Would it be too inflammatory to say that Fetchies tend to be intelligent, articulate people, aware of the wider issues, rather than gut feel, I not sure what the EU is but I don't like it types? That said there are plebty of smart people saying 'Out'.
Feb 2016
8:47pm, 21 Feb 2016
173 posts
  •  
Scorge
much as I'd hate to be lining up on the same side as xenophobic sludge like farage, there are some legitimately good reasons to vote out.
I really don't know, tbh.

About This Thread

Maintained by CStar
Time to cast your vote for Fetchland to be part of the EU or to pull up the drawbridge and simply do...