6 lurkers | 72 watchers
1 Sep
6:14pm, 1 Sep 2024
6,684 posts
  •  
quimby
Just had an email inviting me to join this trial:

ohme-ev.com

They don't say how much you can earn on the gift card. I doubt it'll be a vast amount. Not sure whether it's worth the effort to take part, since my natural charging cycle is "not very often".
9 Sep
9:02am, 9 Sep 2024
25,533 posts
  •  
larkim
19,000 miles racked up in the MG4 as of this weekend. Average efficiency (recorded by resetting the trip meter every 1000 miles) at 3.69mi/kwh for the full ownership period, 3.57 if I restrict it to a good approximation of a calendar year. Pretty happy with that, with some months as low as 3.1 and the highest at 4.1.
9 Sep
9:37am, 9 Sep 2024
50,860 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
That's pretty good larks. Mine is 3.8 over the 3 years, according to the dash. I'd say that's probably right. I do quite a lot of motorway miles with commute to work a couple days a week. And of course the 1,000 mile trip to Germany and back, and the trips to Inverness to get kids from ferry/bus etc. I get much better efficiency if I'm stuck in jams in a city, but fortunately, I don't do those very often!

42,992 happy electric miles since July 1 2021! :-) G
9 Sep
10:10am, 9 Sep 2024
7,684 posts
  •  
ThorntonRunner
I've been resetting the trip on my MG5 each month over the last year. Haven't got September's figure yet but for the rest of the year:
3.9 Oct
3.4 Nov
3.3 Dec
3.2 Jan
3.5 Feb
3.7 Mar
4.1 Apr
4.5 May
4.5 Jun
4.6 Jul
4.5 Aug
Gives a clear indication of the impact of ambient temperature!
9 Sep
1:52pm, 9 Sep 2024
25,535 posts
  •  
larkim
V impressive at those 4.5s etc. I max out at 65mph on the motorways (usually using adaptive cruise control) and even on the best days I won't get a figure higher than 4.3.

Not that I really care, but I did want to keep track of the overall variability of it to ensure that I've got realistic expectations in the winter. Now I've got a full year of data I can be confident in range for long trips should I need to be.
9 Sep
2:20pm, 9 Sep 2024
7,685 posts
  •  
ThorntonRunner
I've been pleased with it - and also have kept the data in order to see the variation over the year. The vast majority of my driving is local, but in August I did do two return trips Leicester to Gatwick, and also had a week's holiday in the Yorkshire Dales so plenty of motorway driving at 60-65mph. I was surprised that I managed 4.5 in August given that.
9 Sep
2:25pm, 9 Sep 2024
21,942 posts
  •  
Dave W
Drove an XC40 full electric version the other day while my diesel V60 was getting diagnostics done.

It was bloody quick off the mark, and it was only the single engine one. Was pretty impressed. Not for us at the moment though. Can't shell out another 21 grand on top of the 19 grand trade -in just at the moment.

Plus the best part of a grand for a home charger fitting by E-On.

But our next car will definitely be electric.
9 Sep
3:11pm, 9 Sep 2024
50,865 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
23K for 3 yrs old 30K miles Dave. I'm looking at them for my purchase next year. They can tow up to 2,000kg (braked) trailer too. :-) G
9 Sep
3:18pm, 9 Sep 2024
21,943 posts
  •  
Dave W
This was an ex-demonstrator with only about 4 thou on the clock, on a 24 plate. About 15 grand down on a brand new one, so was a lot cheaper. A bargain? Possibly.

Really nice car, but then I'm a bit biased cos I like Volvos.
9 Sep
3:26pm, 9 Sep 2024
50,867 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Never had a Volvo. Bit put off that they are effectively Chinese part owned now. Was also looking at Jaguar iPace. Effectively an old model, but similar price. Doesn't tow as much though. :-) G

About This Thread

Maintained by larkim
Nattering about EVs; are you thinking about owning one? Do you own one? Are you terrified of owning one?

A thread for those with range anxiety, eco friendliness and petrol heads alike!

Some current vehicles that Fetchies have:-
HappyG Hyundai Kona 64kWh 240-280 miles range
ev-database.uk
larkim MG4 SE LR 61.7kWh usable (64kWh advertised)
ev-database.org
larkim (Now sold) Peugeot e208 46kWh usable (50kWh advertised) 180-220 miles range
ev-database.uk
ThorntonRunner Pre-facelift MG5 (LR Exclusive). 61kWh, 57kWh usable
ev-database.org
Jenelopy BYD Atto 60.5kWh usable
ev-database.org
Runningbear21 Jaguar i-Pace 84.7kWh
ev-database.org

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.