Coronavirus discussion thread

136 watchers
Jul 2021
6:11pm, 29 Jul 2021
31,536 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
HappyG, cases have risen for 2 days in a row now, but down on a week ago.

Just now BBC news.
Jul 2021
6:53pm, 29 Jul 2021
3,609 posts
  •  
Bob!
still down Thursday v last Thursday
Jul 2021
8:41pm, 29 Jul 2021
6,198 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
But if you fell at hurt yourself you could be putting passers by at risk
Jul 2021
8:41pm, 29 Jul 2021
6,199 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
And hurt yourself
Jul 2021
9:18pm, 29 Jul 2021
53,474 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
That’s what some people don’t take into consideration
Jul 2021
10:24pm, 29 Jul 2021
3,490 posts
  •  
Tim of Fife
Don't make a habit of falling down whilst walking lol. And hey, most falls involving ambulance call-outs are in the home.
Jul 2021
10:33pm, 29 Jul 2021
6,200 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
Glad you’re invincible. I also don’t make a habit of falling over while walking but I had an awkward trip over a pavement earlier this year and broke my foot.

I also didn’t mention ambulance call outs. At least paramedics have PPE

Lol
Jul 2021
6:40am, 30 Jul 2021
4,785 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
I hope they're small LN.
Jul 2021
8:09am, 30 Jul 2021
15,271 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
If Tim’s example was as he said supposing a ping from being at a venue where he knew he had t been in contact with anyone (very much like my ‘you’ve been to a venue where someone later tested positive) then you have a high degree of confidence that you were not infected - there is no requirement to self isolate.

If I got contacted to say I had been in contact with someone different although I know I blathered about it recently when a few friends had been pinged but were sure they’d not been in contact with people - again as Tim’s example he was outside others inside there was a wall/ window between them them again low to zero risk. But if I had been in a potential risky situation I would then isolate.

But the whole thing is a joke. When I tested positive not one person contacted me I did T&T on the app. Provided contact details husband was called 2-3 times to check he was isolating (rang his mobile) never even asked if I was isolating. I provided my mam’s details as I’d been with her never called her! Provided the number of my coach who organised the weekend away never called him don’t know if they told the venue but we’d told them first anyway.

I think like everything it’s a balance of risk. I wouldn’t go out if I had been in contact with some, had been contacted by T&T or had symptoms but if not we can’t stay indoors for fear of having an accident. At the end of the day we may have it and not know so are still putting people at risk?
Jul 2021
8:28am, 30 Jul 2021
20,532 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
No system is going to be perfect but they should help us.

My reading of this thread and other places is there are two kinds of ping:

1) where you were at a venue of a positive test but not in close proximity and this is more a 'be aware' type not with no direction to isolate

2) where you have been within 2m of a positive test and you are instructed to isolate. SK established a good reason why this wasnt a proper close contact.

In Tim's example, he wouldnt be pinged as he doesnt have the app, but he may get a call if the cafe have his details. When called he would explain he sat alone outside and presumably would not be instructed to isolate? If he had the app and was pinged, again this would hopefully fall into the SK example

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.